If your just going to shit on Season 5 than please don't comment and don't bother reading
However if you want to see things I genuinely liked about Season 5 than read If you want
1. The new characters. I want to say that Grace and Wes and Jacob are some very good characters. I want to talk about Grace more but that will be for one of my later points. I genuinely like Jacob and Wes and I think both characters are welcomed editions. So point number 1 it gave us some great characters
2. Morgan - Fear Season 5 in my opinion really Developed Morgan. Him finally moving on From Jenny and Duane was nice and him finally opening up to a new woman was a great place to take the character. Grace is a really great love interest for him. And those two together is genuinely always a pleasure to see.
3. Daniel vs Strand - One of my biggest worries was that a large portion of Daniel and Strands storyline in Season 5 would just be those 2 arguing. People were predicting that Daniel would become an Antagonist which I really hated that idea. First of all if I was going to side with anyone it would be Daniel. Strand was the more snakey character so turning Daniel into a bad guy out of no where would've sucked. I actually think we got a great outcome where Daniel was pissed at Strand not for shooting him but because Strand tricked him about Ophelia. I genuinely liked that and Strand helping Daniel and then growing not a friendship but more of a mutual respect for one another was great.
4. Alicia - Controversial opinion but Alicia used to be one of my least favorite characters. I genuinely did not enjoy any of her storylines In Season 1-3. She used to just be a poorly written Stereotypical Teen girl character. The show just treated her as eye candy which was annoying because the show just kept repeating the storyline of her getting taken by an Antagonist group just because they think she is attractive. I also didn't give a shit about her relationship with Jake. Season 5 vastly Improved her in my opinion. The relationship of Morgan training Alicia to become leader was great and I thought both Characters really worked well together. I was genuinely worried for her when She got the Toxic Walker Blood on her and I'm happy she is okay. I think her being scared of walkers was very earned and her annoying ass fanbase that make her sound invincible really got on my nerves. Alicia lost her whole family and on top of that almost died. I think she earned the break plus it didn't even last fucking long. And by the way her painting trees didn't come out of no where. She was looking for meaning and she reverted back to who she was before the Apocalypse. Before the Apocalypse she used to be a very artistic student. Her and her boyfriend loved painting. And it brought her back to simpler times. Plus it doesn't even last that long so the complaints aren't even warranted. The show turned her into one of my absolute favorite characters of this show.
5. The More Hopeful tone - While at points the show did become a bit to happy go lucky alot of the episode ls left me with a smile on my face eager to watch the next episode. 5X10 the moment with Grace, Morgan and The guy that wanted to see the stars is genuinely a beautiful moment.
6. What it lead to - Having the characters pretty much at their happiest made it all theore impactful when it was taken from them. If we didn't have this high. This low wouldn't be as impactful. To me the season was trying to build these characters back up after the misery they went through in Season 4. The characters thought that helping people would help themselves and when that failed for them all it made their choices in Season 6 more impactful. They saw what happened when they tried to be the good guys. We simply wouldn't of gotten the same impact if Season 5 wasn't as happy as it was. Think of it right. By 5X14 they are at their happiest. Than slowly but surely it's all stripped away from them. They try coming together one last time during John and June's wedding. They are closer now than they ever were before. It made ripping them apart that much more heartbreaking. Than on top of that their beacon of Hope Morgan was shot and left for dead. Season 6 gave me a new found appreciation. I already liked Season 5 but now I like it more.
7. Giving Dwight a proper home - People that say Dwight was out of character must've been smoking Crack. Did people forget that in Season 8 he was trying to make up for the things he did. He was also trying to become a better man for Sherry. For when he finally finds her. I don't know about you but Dwight belongs on Fear. If he stayed on The Walking Dead he would constantly be treated like shit by all the characters. We already see that with Lydia and Negan we didn't need a Third. Atleast on Fear he can be himself. He also gets a second Chance.
So yeah while Season 5 definitely had it's problems it's no where near as bad as people made it out to be. It's not as offensively bad as Season 8 of the main show was to me.
I doubht I changed anyone's opinion. And I'm not trying to. All I hope for is that people can understand where I'm coming from. And even of they don't like Season 5. They atleast found a new appreciation for it
Thanks for reading