|This article is about the Fear character. For other pages with the same name, see: Allen|
Nothing is known about Alan's life prior to or as the outbreak began, except that he had four children and was a passenger on Flight 462 destined for Phoenix, Arizona.
As Chris investigates part of the fuselage of Flight 462, he finds Alan strapped in his seat, barely alive as zombified passengers snarl at Chris from their seats. Alan begs for help, in which Chris unbuckles the injured passenger from his seat. As Alan tumbles to the floor, Chris notices a spinal injury on his back. Alan continues to beg for help and rejects water, indicating that he wants to be put out of his misery. After some hesitation, Chris bludgeons the suffering man to death.
- Killed By
- Injuries sustained in a plane crash (Caused)
- Dehydration (Caused)
- Exposure (Caused)
As a result of the crash of flight 462, Alan suffers several injuries in his body.
- Christopher Manawa (Out of Mercy)
After several days of agonizing pain, Alan is found by Chris and begs him to put him down, which the latter does by bashing his head in.
- The casting call for this character used the name Isac.
- Alan was described as "Early 50s. A heavy, bearded man with kind eyes and graying hair. A father of four, he is passionate about caring for others."
- According to the timeline, Madison and her group found the wreckage of Flight 462 at least 2 weeks into the apocalypse, meaning that Alan, with a severe spinal injury, had been trapped in his seat for at least 2 weeks, with no access to food or water. Realistically, his chances of survival were very slim.
- Alan is one of six known paraplegics in The Walking Dead universe.
-  - Spoil the Dead.com (March 2, 2016)