|This article is about the Video Game character. You may be looking for the Novel Series character.|
- "Growing up in rural Georgia, you're taught not to waste. It's how I was raised and how I raised my boys. Now, you've got monsters roaming around, that do nothing but eat people! And for what? To continue to rot until they eat some more! We thought we could put that meat to better use."
- —Brenda explaining her cannibalism.[src]
Brenda St. John is an original character and an antagonist in Telltale Games' The Walking Dead: Season One. Once a caring dairy farmer with her two sons before the outbreak, she and her children turned to cannibalism due to the loss of her husband and pressure to provide food for the Save-Lots Bandits as well as her own family. She served as the primary antagonist (along with Andy and Danny, her sons) of the episode "Starved For Help". She seems to be the least accepting of her family's new cannibalistic nature and appears to show remorse during her final confrontation with Lee.
Nothing is known about Brenda prior to or as the outbreak began, except that she owned the St. John's Dairy Farm somewhere near or in Macon, Georgia. She grew up in Macon or the Macon area where she was taught not to waste resources and how to "survive" both physically and metaphorically. She has two sons, Andrew and Danny and a husband, Terry.
Brenda introduces herself upon the group's arrival to the St. John's Dairy Farm and supplies Lee's group with food. She tells them that their cow is sick and offers to cook the whole group dinner. After Mark is injured, she takes him inside to patch up his wound and care for him. When later asked by Lee if it was okay to see Mark, she creates a reasonable excuse as to why he can't.
Later, Brenda sits on the porch of her home. She tells Lee that she is thankful for Katjaa's help with her cow, and tells Lee that her husband wouldn't have wanted Danny to kill Jolene, and that the only reason why they made the deal with the bandits was to keep their humanity. She begins to take a personal interest in Larry, referring to him as a "big ol' sweetheart", much to Lee's amusement. At dinner when the St. John's are revealed to be cannibals, she explains that she was raised not to waste as an excuse for her lifestyle.
After Lee, Clementine, Lilly, and Kenny escape the meat locker, she is inside the house holding Katjaa hostage. As Lee approaches her, she backs up the stairs, warning him with a .45 Colt Single Action Army revolver not to get any closer, otherwise, she'll kill Katjaa. As she reaches the top of the stairs, she is grabbed and bitten by a legless zombified Mark. As the group leaves and the farm is overrun with walkers, she can be seen walking out of the house as a walker.
- Killed By
As Brenda attempted to ascend the stairs while holding Katjaa hostage, a reanimated Mark grabbed her from behind and bit her on the neck. Katjaa, who she was holding onto, escaped once Brenda let her go and ran away with Lee. Brenda died from this bite, and later she was seen lurking out of the house as a walker when they overran the farm.
This list shows the victims Brenda has killed:
- David Parker (Caused or Indirectly Caused)
- Travis (Indirectly Caused)
- Mark (Caused, Alive)
- Larry (Indirectly Caused, Alive)
- Herself (Caused, Alive)
- Numerous counts of zombies and unnamed survivors (Caused or Direct)
- "Starved For Help" (Alive and Zombified)
- Brenda is the only antagonist in the game series to have undead status regardless of player choice.
- Brenda is the only member of her family that is always directly killed by a member of Lee's group, though Mark was zombified when he did such.
- She is the sole member of her family whose status cannot be unknown, regardless of player choice.
- She is also the only member of the St. John family who dies regardless of player choice.
- According to unused audio clips, Brenda owned the farm before she met her husband, Terry.
- An up close look at Brenda as a walker reveals she doesn't have any zombie-like features.