Callaway (first name unknown) is a survivor of the outbreak in AMC's The Walking Dead. He is a soldier of the U.S. Military. At some point during the outbreak, Callaway became infected and reanimated.
Very little is known about Callaway's life prior to or as the outbreak began, except that he earned a Parachutist Badge and held the rank Sergeant Major in the U.S. Army.
During the initial outbreak, Callaway was in King County, likely assisting his fellow soldiers and FEMA in controlling the infection. Callaway was bitten on the neck and later reanimated into a zombie.
Callaway is first seen in Hannah's neighborhood, wandering out of the woods with a group of zombies. He is walking toward Hannah, Jamie, and Billy. When Hannah backs up and sacrifices herself for her children to live, he begins to devour her along with the group of zombies.
While Otis and Shane Walsh are at a high school nearby the Greene farm, they are gathering medical supplies for a wounded Carl Grimes. When Shane tosses the flares in order to distract the zombies, Callaway is witnessed again.
Callaway is one of the zombies that follow Shane and Otis to the gym and try to attack from beneath the hail. It is also part of a group of zombies who follows Otis in the locker room. Then he is seen chasing Shane and Otis outside of the school again and then devour Otis with the other zombies.
- Killed By
- Zombies (Alive)
During the initial stages of the outbreak, Callaway is somehow bitten in the neck by a walker and later reanimated.
This list shows the victims Callaway has killed:
- Hannah (Infected, Alive, alongside his fellow zombies)
- Otis (Infected, alongside his fellow zombies)
- Possibly numerous unnamed enemy combatants (Pre-Apocalypse)
- Possibly numerous counts of unnamed survivors (Infected)
- Possibly a few zombies and unnamed people
- He is one of the only walkers to maintain the same appearance and appear in more than one episode.
- Callaway and Hannah are the only walkers that have been seen in both the webisodes and TV Series.
- Callaway was never credited or identified through dialogue, nor did he have speaking lines. His character's name only exists through his identification tag on his uniform.