|This article is about the Fear character. You may be looking for the Novel Series character or the other Novel Series character.|
Calvin, better known as Cal, is a character and an antagonist in AMC's Fear The Walking Dead. He is Nicholas Clark's best friend and drug dealer. He served as the primary antagonist of the episode "Pilot".
Calvin was Nick's best friend, and alongside Nick's girlfriend Gloria, the two's drug dealer. He is also shown to know Nick's mother Madison and mother's boyfriend, and lives in the Los Angeles area with his parents.
First seen outside his parents house vacuuming his parents' minivan, Calvin is approached by Madison and Travis, looking for Nick who has escaped hospital. Calvin embraces Madison, but fails to produce any knowledge of Nick's whereabouts.
Later, Calvin meets a distressed Nick at a diner. Nick explains to Calvin the story of how he saw his undead girlfriend Gloria eating a man, however Calvin disputes this story. Calvin, concerned that Nick is leaking his name and will become a danger to his drug dealing career, takes Nick for a drive, stopping at a storm drain beneath the overpass and produces a gun. The two fight, and Calvin is shot in the process, causing Nick to run away in horror.
Nick makes contact with Madison and Travis, and the three go to the location of the shooting, finding no sight of Calvin's body. However, as they drive away, an undead Calvin approaches. Madison and Travis, unaware that Calvin had died and reanimated, attempt to communicate with him. As he is about to attack Madison, Nick runs Calvin over with Travis' truck. He is then further run over a second time, sending him flying into the storm drain. As the three look at Calvin from above, Calvin turns and snarls at the three whilst he writhers on the ground, with broken bones protruding out of his flesh and his lower jaw torn away.
- Killed By
- Nicholas Clark (Alive)
Calvin, increasingly sceptical of Nick's trustworthiness, attempts to kill Nick with a gun. However the two end up fighting, causing Calvin to be shot by Nick in the chest. Afterwards, he reanimates.
It is possible that after Operation Cobalt is implemented Calvin was killed by the napalm bombing. However, his fate is currently unknown.
This list shows the victims Calvin has killed:
- Gloria (Possibly, Indirectly Caused)
- At least 2 unnamed druggies (Possibly, Indirectly Caused)
- Possibly many unnamed people (Pre-Apocalypse, Indirectly Caused or Direct)
- The casting call for this character used the name Casper.
- He is the first named, living character in Fear The Walking Dead to be killed on-screen.
- He is the first person to attempt to kill another survivor.
- He is the first character in Fear The Walking Dead to be amputated.
- His leg and lower jaw were amputated after Nick runs him over with Travis' truck.
- He is the first antagonist to appear in Fear The Walking Dead.
- He is also the first antagonist to be killed in Fear The Walking Dead.