Powell graduated from Williams College with a Bachelor's Degree in film production. She got her start in the industry as an assistant on the television series, White Collar. While she was there, she made her way up the ranks until she was staffed as a writer and eventually gained credits as an executive story editor. Since then, she has written for different TV Series.
- "The Damned" (with Matt Negrete)
- "Monsters" (with Matt Negrete)
- "Honor" (with Matt Negrete)
- "The Lost and the Plunderers" (with Angela Kang & Corey Reed)
- "The Key" (with Corey Reed)