Chet is an original character appearing in Telltale Games' The Walking Dead: Season One. He can be seen as either alive or as a zombie depending on Lee's choice of departure time leaving Clementine's house.
Chet is first seen with Shawn Greene trying to clear the road near Clementine's house in her neighborhood. He claims that he wouldn't get home at the rate they were at. He seems a bit disappointed due to the fact they were having hot dishes that night. When walkers approach them, Shawn, Lee Everett, and Clementine clear away the road and escape to Hershel's Farm with Chet riding in the back. There, Chet tells Shawn that he has to return home because his mother will be irritated if he is not home at a certain time.
After Lee and Clementine meet in her house, she asks Lee what they should do next. Lee has to decide if they should look for help when it is still bright outside, or wait until the cover of dark. This will determine how Chet is seen in-game.
Day Time Departure (Unknown): If Lee and Clementine decide to look for help during the day, Chet will be with Shawn clearing away the road. Chet will help Lee, Clementine and Shawn escape the walkers and once he reaches Hershel's farm he will head back to his home.
Night Time Departure (Undead): If Lee and Clementine decide to look for help during the night, Chet will be replaced by Andre Mitchell, and will appear reanimated as a zombie, attempting to attack the group until they flee on Andre's police car.
- Killed By
- Zombies (Alive)
If Lee chooses to leave with Clementine at night, Shawn and Andre will mention that Chet was bitten and that they were looking for the zombie that got him. When Lee and Clementine find out about Hershel's farm, Chet will appear reanimated as a zombie and approach the four of them. Andre Mitchell will attempt to put Chet down, but can't do it being Chet's friend. They leave and Chet remains as a zombie.
This list shows the victims Chet has killed:
- Possibly a few zombies
If Lee fails to complete certain tasks, it is possible for Chet to be killed. These deaths are non-canon and result in a game over. Lee will then re-spawn and be allowed to try again. Below is a pictorial list of when Chet can die.
- "Hey, Shawn... I'm a run on home."
- —Chet saying goodbye to Shawn. (Determinant)[src]
- "I'm sorry, Shawn. Chet was a good dude. "
- —Andre to Shawn about Chet. (Determinant)[src]
- "DON'T EAT US!!!"
- —Chet mistaken Lee and Clem as walkers. (Determinant)[src]
- "I'm Chet."
- —Chet to Clementine. (Determinant)[src]
- "A New Day" (Alive or Zombified)
- Chet has one non-canon death. If Lee stands still without attempting to move the car, the zombies will eat Lee while, in the background, you can witness a zombie feasting on Chet.
- In the HD collection, where in the season select page, a walker Chet can be seen around Clementine's house.
- Chet is the first of two characters to have an unknown or undead status, the other being Justin.