|Volume 25: No Turning Back - Volume 28: A Certain Doom
- Michonne, crying, goes to put Ezekiel's head down, but Rick tries to stop her, saying she doesn't have to do it. She gets angry, and pushes Rick down. She apologizes and hugs Rick, while handing the knife to Andrea. She leaves Rick and tackles Lydia asking her if she knew this would happen, and she says no.
- Michonne says they should bury them there. Rick says to leave the poles, and Michonne is confused, as she expects them to go out and kill all of the Whisperers. Rick says they can't, and she goes off into the treeline by herself.
- Rick is scared at the reaction of his decision not to do anything will get, and he fears that this one event could ruin everything. Meanwhile, Lydia comforts Carl after he sees the head of his friend, Josh.
- Eugene, back at Alexandria finds out Rosita is missing from Maggie and Jesus. He runs out, looking for her.
- Rick announces to the communities of the horrific news, and the families mourn in their respective ways.
- A funeral is held for the deceased.
- The fair grounds are dismantled in the rain
- Families and friends get angry at Rick for him not doing anything right away. Marco tells Rick that he's a pussy now, and that Maggie would be a better leader because she at least knows how to deal with threats. Rick questions Maggie about what Marco meant about the comment. Rick suspects Maggie executed Gregory, and she admits she did. Rick is furious and starts yelling. Dante tries to calm him down, but is pushed by Rick. Jesus tries to grab Rick from behind, and Rick accidentally hits Maggie. Maggie snaps at Rick, continuously punching him, until she calms down and the two make up.
- Rick leaves his home to find the Alexandrian citizens distant. Rick meets with Eugene and Andrea, and Eugene opens up about Rosita's baby not being his. He says he's angry but not stupid, and they need to kill the Whisperers in a smart way. So, he brings up the idea of using Lydia.
- Eugene says they should threaten Alpha with hurting Lydia. Rick says Alpha will call the bluff, but Eugene says then they don't need to bluff. Eugene blasts off getting angry saying the community member also feel that way, so Rick and Andrea get him to leave the room.
- Andrea and Rick agree Lydia isn't safe in the community, so they come to a solution: At night, Andrea will take Lydia and Carl to the Hilltop.
- The plan is set in motion, and they leave at night. Rick goes back to bed, but is awakened by Michonne wearing her old outfit from years ago, sneaking into his house with a sword. Rick points a gun to her head, thinking she was here to kill Lydia, but Michonne explains she's here to save her, and take her to another community.
- Rick gets dressed, and the two friends take about their losses, Michonne losing Ezekiel and Rick having lost Lori and Judith. Michonne says she blames herself and tries to leave, but Rick stops her and tells her that it's time to stop running away. Rick explains that he's always understood why Lori slept with Shane, but there hasn't been any secrets or lies between Rick and Andrea, and that he's closer to Andrea than he's ever been with Lori. Rick explains that through the loss of his wife and daughter, he's slowly gained happiness, as messed up as it may seem. Michonne breaks down, and the two embrace.
- Andrea, Lydia and Carl continue to travel to The Hilltop. Lydia is distrustful of Andrea, saying that the communities don't hurt anyone, so they wouldn't have a reason to hurt her. Things get tense, and Lydia pulls a gun on Andrea. Andrea tries to calm her down, but ends up pulling a gun on Lydia. Carl points his gun at Andrea, and then at Lydia after realizing what he'd done. Lydia puts down her gun and Andrea explains the tense situation in the Safe-Zone
- Alpha goes off into the woods by herself and cries over Lydia. Another Whisperer comes and asks her if she's okay. The two talk, and the Whisperer says he'll keep her secret. Alpha responds by slitting the Whisperer's neck making sure she has no challengers.
- Dwight and the Saviors return to the Sanctuary. Dwight and Laura talk about Dwight quitting, with Laura saying that he must stay.
- Rick holds a meeting that goes wrong right away. Rick proposes guards patrolling the border and sending a few people to sneak into the enemy territory and see how their operation works. The people want more, and ask about Lydia. Rick admits moving her before anyone did something stupid. People get angry and refuse to calm down. People begin throwing plates and glasses at Rick demanding more of a plan, and Jesus tries to stop them. Punches are thrown and soon the entire room erupts into chaos. Rick gets his gun and fires a shot in the air, threatening to kill anyone who continues fighting. He tells the people to go home, as they'll discuss more tomorrow.
- At nighttime, Rick leaves his house to visit Negan in the jail, asking for help. Negan expects Rick to let him out to kill someone but Rick quickly dismisses the idea. Negan explains to Rick that he's doing everything wrong. In order to get the people in line and rally behind him like Negan did with the Saviors, he has to relieve the people's fears and he should use this situation with the Whisperers to go to war. He also suggests manipulating people as it wouldn't kill anybody anyways. Rick leaves.
- Dwight announces to the Sanctuary that he's stepping down as leader and leaving. Laura tries to stop him saying that Dwight is the only thing keeping the Sanctuary from attacking Alexandria and re-taking the community Negan once had. Dwight says he can't do it, and Laura says it's because of Diane (possible misprinted, as Dwight had a relationship with Sherry). Laura says that Dwight shouldn't care about her and the two kiss. Laura tells Dwight she appreciates him, but Dwight still leaves. He packs up and takes Lucille. Dwight leaves the Sanctuary with the Saviors criticizing him. He leaves on horseback, and Laura joins him.
- Andrea, Carl and Lydia arrive at the Hilltop. The residents are unaware of what happened, so Andrea tells the guard to make sure no one knows they're there, and that no one finds them. Lydia and Carl exchange a few words, and Carl says he's always wanted to be as kind as his Dad.
- Eugene continues to work the radio.
- Josh's parents Vincent and Julia mourn over the loss of their child. They get a knock on their door and see Morton and his child.
- Rick tells Eugene to call the communities to pool resources of bullets to start and train an army. Eugene understands this tactic, as he understands Rick is using the army as a distraction while the leaders think of the real strategy.
- Rick goes home at night and is attacked by Morton and Vincent. Morton quickly gets very violent and accidentally reveals the duo's identities. Morton tries killing Rick, and Vincent tries to stop him. Morton pushes Vincent back and goes to kill Rick, but his neck is bit by Rick and he dies. Vincent leaves leaving a bloody Rick and a dead Morton behind.
- Andrea finds Carl and Lydia having sex, but leaves them alone.
- Maggie finds Rick.
- Dwight and Laura arrive at Alexandria.
- Rick awakens in the hospital, and he immediately asks Michonne to find Vincent. Michonne leaves and a weak Rick goes to make a speech to Alexandria. Rick says that he remembers the days before Alexandria and how brutal they were, and tells the community they can never go back to those days. He reminds the communities that they must go forward, and killing each other won't work. Rick mentions the fact that Rick isn't the person who put heads on pikes, and that killing each other will ruin everything. Rick tells the communities that they will band together and wipe out the Whisperers. Michonne arrives with Vincent, and Rick says that Vincent won't be killed. He says it's not time to kill each other but to come together and "Silence the Whisperers!". The crowd cheers Rick.
- Negan hears the cheering, and smiles.
- Rick has a shooting lesson with some of the survivors as they attract and shoot roamers.
- A roamers sneaks up on Vincent, but Rick kills him with his cane. Roamers approach them. Rick picks up a shotgun and completely misses. Dwight, from behind, kills the approaching roamers, and the two are saved.
- The Roamers are all killed. Rick tells Dwight he's learned that he's a liability in the field, and that Dwight is their best military leader.
- Eugene gets the radio to work and he begins to try to communicate with someone
- Rick returns to Alexandria and finds that Maggie will return to the Hilltop, but Jesus will stay.
- Rick exchanges some words with Vincent and Rick says that in this life doing bad things doesn't make you a bad person. Rick suddenly becomes upset and visits Negan, but doesn't say anything to him, and he quickly leaves.
- Gabriel joins the army.
- Rick convinces Michonne not to go back to Oceanside and instead take up leadership of The Kingdom. She agrees, but asks who will lead the Sanctuary. Rick says he doesn't know, and Michonne brings up the idea of Carl being the leader.
- Eugene's radio picks up a responder. Eugene talks with the person on the other end, and they begin to build trust, but agree to keep the conversations solely between the two of them
- Gabriel begins his training. Dwight says he's worried about him, as Gabriel might be able to kill the dead, but he has no idea what he'll do with the living
- Rick meets with Morton's son: Brandon. Rick tells Brandon that he can help him out, and Brandon responds by knocking him out and begins beating him up. Rick hits him on the head with his cane, and tells him that his entire family were idiots, and he's one too. He threatens to choke him out, but Michonne arrives interrupting the battle. Rick leaves the boy alone, and tells him to stay in line or Rick will shoot him
- Dwight and the trainees arrive back at Alexandria, and Gabriel prays
- Maggie and the Hilltop residents leave Alexandria. Brandon avoids them, and entes the prison and offers Negan to escape by sneaking onto the Hilltop transport and to make a deal with the Whisperers
- Rick puts up propaganda posters on the Alexandria wall against the Whisperers. A woman runs up and tells Rick the keys to the prison are missing. Rick and Michonne run up to see what happened, and find an empty cell: Negan's gone.
- Paul finds out from Siddiq and Annie that the gate has been closed all day. Rick and Michonne join the conversation, and they decide that Negan must've slipped into one of the Hilltop carts in order to escape, as jumping from the walls would've led to injury. Michonne and Aaron decide to search for Negan around the wooded area around the path where the Hilltop were going. Rick is unsure about it, but Michonne tells him that Negan must know about the Whisperers, so searching that area is their best bet. Aaron and Michonne leave
- The Hilltop continues to move away from Alexandria, led by a stressed Dante. Brandon leaves the group to give Negan his old leather jacket. Brandon tells Negan they need to hurry, but Negan says that they're not going with Brandon's plan. Brandon reminds Negan how much he hates Rick, so they keep moving towards the Whisperers
- Eugene talks with the other person on the radio and they share some information on their communities, but they still keep an air of secrecy. Suddenly, a shot goes off outside, and Eugene runs outside to see and finds that Paul, one of the Alexandrians, has shot Marco, thinking he's a Whisper. Jesus grabs him, and Eugene helps disarm Paul. Jesus and Eugene help Marco get to the hospital as Paul realizes what he's done.
- Dwight and some soldiers go through a forest infested with walker to see how well they are at a sneak attack, but it ultimately fails. Dwight orders everyone to go home, and he and Laura have a conversation about what Lucille means to Dwight
- Magna's group begins to believe the war is stupid as they shouldn't be fighting another group's war, but Magna reminds them of what they did to Luke, and the conflict is settled.
- Paul meets with Rick to explain the situation, and Rick realizes his propaganda and messages against the Whisperers have started to get to people's head.
- Michonne and Aaron find Negan and Brandon's tracks.
- Negan and Brandon reach the border. Brandon begins to feel sad seeing the place where his mother died, but Negan tells him to get over it. Brandon begins to cry and Negan apologizes and hugs him. Brandon tells him he wants the Whisperers dead for his mom's death and Rick dead for his dad's death. Negan hugs him, telling him that's the plan. He the says "or rather...that was your plan" and he kills Brandon. He then enters the Whisperer territory
- Andrea leaves the Hilltop to find Maggie riding ahead of her group. The two talk about how it's so crazy they've made it this long. Andrea is about to leave, but decides to join Maggie.
- Michonne and Aaron find Brandon's corpse, which hasn't turned yet, and they go into Whisperer territory.
- At night, Negan meets with a small group of Whisperers. They assume he's part of Rick's group, but Negan quickly tells them that it would be stupid for them to attack him, and that he wants to join their group. During this conversation, Negan meets the Whisperer's 2nd in Command, Beta, a tall Whisperer with a mouth opening.
- Eugene tells the person on the radio about the Whisperers. The person makes a comment about how they might need to think through the Whisperer's perspective, consider whether or not they're actually good people, but Eugene reveals that they killed a pregnant Rosita. Feeling bad, the person on the radio reveals her name: Stephanie
- The Hilltop residents return home. Earl finds Carl hard at work inside of the blacksmith shop, but he leaves. Carl is found by Maggie, and Maggie requests that Carl go back to Alexandria to be with his father, but Carl rejects.
- Andrea returns to Alexandria and is angered to find the propaganda signs. When she storms into the council room, she discovers the bandaged Rick. Andrea asks what happened, and Rick solemnly explains he became a better leader. Andrea says that this system is going to get someone hurt, but Rick explains that he's doing this so the attention is not on him, but on the Whisperers. If he does this, they'll be focusing their time on the thing they need to fight, so it benefits them. Andrea says Rick is reminding her of Negan.
- Michonne and Aaron talk about relationships, when suddenly, the Whisperers attack. Maggie and Aaron try to explain that they're only here for Negan, and they don't want to fight. Beta, who's leading the attack, stabs Aaron. Michonne fights some roamers and Whisperers, and prevents Beta from stabbing Aaron. Michonne is pinned down and right before she is going to be killed, Dwight's team arrive and save her. Beta runs off to the woods. Michonne leaves on horseback with Aaron to the Hilltop, while Dwight's group unload and prepare to go back to their territory.
- Negan arrives at the Whisperer camp, and meets Alpha, who he "falls in love" with. Negan attempts to flirt with Alpha but it goes nowhere. Negan says he never knew about the Whisperers, and that he was just a leader of a group who's been travelling ever since. Beta arrives and accuses Negan of lying about not knowing about the Whisperers. Alpha gets Beta to release Negan, and Negan explains he thinks he can offer them something.
- Lydia tells Carl how much she appreciates Hilltop life.
- Maggie asks Brianna to go to Alexandria, but before they can discuss, Michonne arrives with the injured Aaron.
- Dwight's group makes it back to their territory, and Dwight comments on how what they just did was an act of war.
- Beta almost challenges Alpha after advising her to get rid of Negan, but he quickly stops and drops the argument. Negan is then accepted into the Whisperers, is given a knife, and is told he'll be given a skin suit when he proves himself.
- Negan assimilates himself into the Whisperers
- Negan kills a wild boar on a hunt with the Whisperers, and is given a lecture by Alpha not to be loud.
- Negan continues to work. He's attacked by a few roamers and has to fight them off by himself to prove his worth. He kills two, and the Whisperers are impressed.
- At night, Negan has dinner with Alpha. While going to bed, he hears someone calling for help. He finds the source, and it's a woman about to be raped by two men. Negan fights them off and says he'll kill them, but Beta quickly knocks Negan out and tells him to stop. Alpha explains that the woman had to prove she's strong by going against the men who attacked her, and Negan interrupted her right to prove herself.
- Negan goes to bed pissed, and Alpha goes to him to alleviate the situation. Alpha explains that this is their way, they aren't human, and civilization is a lie. They're animals and they must act on instinct. Alpha once again tries to explain her thoughts on survival of the fittest, but she breaks down. She turns away from Negan, but he convinces her to talk to him. Negan says he knows Alpha is only in power now because Beta defends her, Alpha denies it saying she has to be strong, but after giving her daughter to Rick, she realized she isn't. Negan comforts her by saying he lost someone at the start of the Apocalypse (according to the Here's Negan comic, it's his wife). Afterwards, he felt nothing, but just being here has kept him alive. Negan does what he has to do for survival. Negan says it's wrong for them to pretend emotions aren't real. Alpha says that Negan might belong here, to which Negan says maybe. However, he slits Alpha's throat, saying he doesn't want to be here. He decapitates Alpha, commenting on what Rick will think when he sees this.
- Magna, Heath, Dwight and Laura wait for Negan to return from Whisperer territory. Negan approaches them with Alpha's head in a bag. Dwight orders him to be shot down, but Magna convinces him otherwise. Negan wants Lucille, but Dwight refuses to give it, and they all travel back to Alexandria.
- Beta discovers Alpha's dead body. Some of the Whisperers ask who the new Alpha shall be, Beta or Negan, but Beta says there won't be another Alpha. They must use her teachings and avenge her by killing everyone in the communities.
- Negan brings back Alpha's head to Rick. Negan convinces Rick he did this to earn his trust, explaining what happened to Brandon and his plan to act as a random survivor before Rick messed it up by getting involved. Rick is convinced, and tells Negan he call live in an outpost away from Alexandria. They will provide food if he contributes. The only catch, is that Negan will have to prove himself, will be watched, and will be in the front lines of the war with the Whisperers.
- Rick and Dwight discuss battle plans. Every soldier from every community will create a perimeter around the communities, strike the Whisperers, and hunt them down when they're separated from each other. Eugene's strategy of moving herds will be used to move their mega herd away. Dwight will be keeping an eye on Negan.
- At the Hilltop, Alex encourages a relationship between Aaron and Jesus. Outside, Jesus, Michonne the soldiers prepare to move to Alexandria. Maggie, Dante, Carl and Lydia, however, stay behind.
- Dwight sets up the possessions of his men and women.
- At the Kingdom, citizens like Zachary believe they're relying too much on Rick and shouldn't deploy soldiers to help them out with the Whisperers. Zachary also believes that Michonne will be a weak leader. The temporary leader, William, begins thinking about the situation and what it might mean for the future of the Kingdom.
- Eugene tells Stephanie he lives near Washington, D.C., and Stephanie reveals she lives in Ohio.
- Scouts are sent to the remaining communities to help gather arms; Vincent to the Sanctuary and Siddiq to Oceanside.
- Dwight's group moves out. Magna's in position, but Gabriel is taking a little longer.
- Rick makes a speech in Alexandria. Afterwords, he's congratulated and given some men for the war. Rick spots Eugene who claims to be working on a "secret project".
- Gabriel reaches his position at a water-tower. Moments after situating himself, he sees hundreds of Roamers approaching him. He races down the ladder but trips, falls, and hooks one of his legs to the rail. This causes his leg to tear up, and leave him hanging a few feet above the ground. Suddenly, Beta appears from within the horde and guts Gabriel, killing him, releasing him from his pain. The Herd passes by, eating Gabriel to the bone on their way out.
- Vincent reaches The Sanctuary where Tara, John and Sherry make decisions for the group upon Dwight's absence. Tara informs Vincent that they're not sending any men and Vincent is upset by this. Threats are made by Tara and John explains that the alliance with Rick left with Dwight. They tell Vincent to leave, and when he does, John commands him to leave his horse with the Saviors. After he leaves, tensions begin to rise between Sherry and Tara & Jon.
- At the Kingdom, the coast is clear. Zachary complains to William about sending men, and William shuts him down. Zachary storms off, claiming he'll regret this, forming a rivalry between the two.
- In Dwight's group, Negan isn't allowed a gun. After a conversation with Negan, Dwight is informed of enemies moving ahead. Dwight's group takes their positions and suddenly the herd appears. The battle begins as Negan watches on. Through the herd, Whisperers move, ducking to miss bullets and leading the herd to the enemy. Once the herd reaches Dwight's line, the Whisperers spring from the herd and stab soldiers. Mayhem strikes the group as Dwight barks orders, soldiers are stabbed and Negan yells for a weapon. Negan grabs a gun from a fallen woman, however.
- Magna's group appears in an attempt to draw attention away from Dwight. Some Whisperers come out of the herd to finally attack directly, but they're cut down by Kingdom soldiers who arrive on horseback. This doesn't stop the Whisperers, however, who stab the horses.
- At the Hilltop, things are peaceful. Dante acts as a "guardian" for Maggie and Carl watches along the wall for any signs of attack. Aaron attempts his first steps again.
- At the bullet factory, Eugene returns for the first time in a while, trying to increase production.
- Pete declines Siddiq's offer to send men from Oceanside.
- Jesus and Michonne's group approaches the battlefield and witness the absolute chaos as the Survivors are surrounded by hundreds of the dead. Michonne and Jesus come to the rescue.
- Through the herd, Beta quietly stalks and kills survivors. He runs into Dwight and tries to kill him, but is knocked on the head by Negan, who challenges him to a fight to the death. Beta kicks Negan back and leaps for a knife, but Negan hits him in the head with his gun. Beta takes the gun and hits Negan back. Dwight throws Lucille towards Negan who regains his old weapon. Negan tries hitting Beta with his bat, but Beta is holding off. Beta comes in to stab Negan, but Negan gets behind him and begins hitting him with Lucille in the back. After enough hits, Beta lives and Lucille breaks in two. Before Negan can take revenge, zombies swarm him. The Whisperers take Beta with them.
- The battle ends-all the roamers and whisperers are dead. Negan is in disarray at the death of Lucille. From the forest, another herd emerges. Dwight decides to split the group in order to divide the herd and then use a secret strategy Dwight is holding back.
- While running sway, one Whisperer try to take off Beta's mask, and Beta responds by killing him, and then passing out.
- At the Hilltop, Lydia warns Carl that his group is weak because of their caring and then tells him she doesn't love him anymore. Meanwhile, Aaron begins to walk again.
- Vincent struggles to make it back to Alexandria. At the Safe Zone, Rick maps the area for any weak points in the Whisperer's herd and Eugene continues to make bullets.
- Tara leaves the Sanctuary to go get to Vincent before he makes it back to Alexandria, to make sure Rick doesn't know about them acting up.
- At the Kingdom, William threatens Zachary's life, telling him that everything he does is for the Kingdom, and he would kill Zachary to save his people. William reminds Zachary to never threaten him again.
- In the Whisperer's herd, they have trouble steering. One Whisperer goes to the edge and is shot down by Dwight's arrow. The body is carried over, and Dwight begins to put on the Whisperer skin, part of his new secret tactic. Inside the herd, the Survivors maneuver through Roamers and Whisperers. They sneak up on Whisperers and quickly execute them. Now having the attention of the Roamers, the Survivors quickly kill what's left of the herd.
- Beta re-awakens and announces they will attack the Hilltop and take Lydia back. Minutes later, he finally is able to walk again.
- Vincent is picked up by Heath. A solemn heath comments that a new with the Saviors is ahead of them. Meanwhile, Tara tries catching up to Vincent.
- At the Hilltop, Dante finally reveals his feelings for Maggie, but is rejected.
- Tara catches up to Vincent to discover he was taken by Heath. Heath doesn't accept Tara's apology after finding out they still won't send Saviors into the War, increasing tensions between the Saviors and the rest of the communities.
- The Whisperers attack the Hilltop. While hiding behind a herd they shoot flaming arrows into the Colony, almost hitting Carl and killing a guard. Walkers breach the wall and Dante leads a defense. Barrington house begins burning down, and Maggie begins running towards it to save Hershel and Sophia. Carl follows.
- Lydia encounters a Whisperer trying to get her on their side. She quickly silences this however, by shooting one Whisperer in the head. She then proceeds to shoot and stab her way out of a herd.
- Sophia saves Hershel and meet up with Carl and Maggie. Despite her protests, Carl goes to save anyone still in the house. Carl is soon knocked out by falling debris while trying to save Brianna and Johnny. Aaron quickly saves Carl afterwards.
- Sophia, Maggie and Hershel make it outside and regroup with Dante. With Barrington house evacuated, the battle begins. Everyone fights while Carson revives Carl. The Whisperers draw back and the remaining survivors take out the herd.
- William is informed about the attack on Hilltop and decides to send his men.
- Heath and Vincent return to Alexandria with the grave news of the Savior's betrayal.
- Magna cuts of Connie's bitten hand to prevent her from turning back at Dwight's camp. Dwight is disgusted by Negan's lack of empathy, as he simply sits to the side, grasping what's left of Lucille. Dwight leaves and tells Laura it seems they've won the war. From only a few meters away, Beta stalks the group and tells the Whisperers to end this war.
- Eugene talks a cart full of ammunition and begins a journey back to Alexandria.
- Andrea and Rick loom over the news of the Saviors.
- Tara returns to the Sanctuary and expresses her anxiety to Sherry, who is seemingly the new de facto leader of the Saviors. Sherry reassures Tara by saying Rick has no chance of losing. Once the war is over, the Saviors will come and take over from the weak communities.
- The sun rises, and Negan buries Lucille, mainly as a tribute to his dead wife of the same name. Dwight's group leaves to return to Alexandria.
- William leads the Kingdom to the Hilltop and discovers it's destroyed. The Kingdom finds the Hilltop survivors nearby. Maggie and William discuss the future and Maggie reassures William that they will rebuild.
- Lydia and Carl bond over their dark pasts, coming to an understanding.
- Beta continues to hobble on towards Alexandria, not stopping for anyone.
- At Alexandria, Eugene returns with ammunition and Dwight's group returns. Right when it looks like the war has ended, Dwight reveals they only encountered a few hundred walkers within the Whisperer herd. Rick realizes what's coming towards them and tells the community to prepare for war.
- Beta releases the Whisperer mega horde towards Alexandria. Andrea, Dwight, Michonne, Jesus, Eugene, Magna, Laura and others leave the Safe-Zone to attempt and draw the mega horde away. They split up, each attempting to diverge a portion of the herd. Michonne and Jesus resort to simply killing walkers within the herd while they steer them away.
- The horde reaches the gates of Alexandria. Initially, many are stopped by the various traps and moats set up by the survivors, but the walkers pile up inside the moat, letting the herd continue. At the gates, Negan begins killing walkers, and the rest of the survivors join him. The pressure gets too great, however, and the gate collapses, Walkers pore into the community, killing Paula. Negan saves Rick at the last second, and the two escape deeper into the community. They find themselves trapped in the prison.
- John and the Saviors watch the horror from the distance.
- Maggie and the Hilltop arrive near Alexandria, witnessing it's fall. Michonne and Jesus meet with the community. Maggie, Dante, Jesus and Michonne leave to steer the herd while Carl and Lydia stay behind with the people.
- Trapped inside the prison, Negan and Rick bond, finding common ground. They talk about their survival of the situation, surviving while others have died. Negan talks about killing Glenn and others in similar fashion became right in his head, and how he left his wife to rot because he couldn't kill her once she turned. After some time, Rick decides he's had enough, and tries to go out and fight. Negan stops him, however, and picks off the roamers around the prison himself. Negan is almost bit, but Rick saves him last minute.
- Outside the Safe-Zone, the survivors continue to steer the herd. Andrea uses the horn, while Laura fires shots into the air. Andrea, Dwight, Laura, Magna, Heath and Eugene all meet up to steer the large herd approaching them.
- Carl rallies the Hilltop, preparing them to pick off any walkers left in Alexandria.
- Siddiq discovers Stephanie on the other end of the radio
- The Saviors attack Alexandria, eliminating the nearby zombie threat. John picks up Dwight and begins to choke him out.
- Throughout all of Alexandria, the Survivors fight. Meanwhile, Eugene and Andrea lead the walkers to the ocean, permanently dealing with that problem. Suddenly another wave comes in. Andrea and Eugene try steering the horde, Eugene trying to distract them. He's overwhelmed and falls over. Andrea goes over to save him. The two barely escape. When they return to Magna, Andrea discovers what looks like a bite on her neck.
- At Alexandria, Negan, Rick, and the other Alexandrians are mopping up the last roamers. They are aided in their efforts by the Hilltop refugees, led by Carl. Shortly after Rick and Carl are reunited, the survivors are about to clear out the rest of the roamers at the gate, but are surprised by the Saviros aiding them by gunning the roamers down. It quickly becomes apparent, however, that the Saviors aren't friendly, as they hold Dwight and Laura hostage. Sherry declares that the Saviors are seceding from the rest of the communities, and want no part of their affairs. Dwight and Laura manage to free themselves and steal some of the Saviors' guns. Dwight has the rest of the Alexandrians hold the Saviors at gunpoint, but before a shootout can errupt, Rick calms the situation and invites Sherry inside to negotiate.
- Inside, Rick asks Sherry to explain what she wants. Sherry, however, becomes increasingly erratic. Negotiations finally break down when she attacks Rick and attempts to kill him, causing the latter to accidentally kill her in self-defense. Just then, Andrea walks in and collapses on the ground, revealing that she was bitten.
- Michonne arrives and explains what happened, before helping Rick carry Andrea to bed. Dwight also arrives to the scene and is frantic upon discovering Sherry dead. Although Rick explains what happened, Dwight does not seem satisfied with this answer, and angrily glares at Rick.
- Andrea says goodbye to all her friends and family. Rick doesn't think he is strong enough to go on, but Andrea urges him to. Once she passes, Rick initially gets into bed with her and cradles her corpse. Once she reanimates, he nearly lets her bite him, but ultimately stabs her in the head. He then heads outside to join the others.
- John approaches Rick and tells him the Saviors assisted them one last time out of respect for Andrea. When Rick reveals Sherry is dead, however, the Saviors draw their guns. Negan steps in and asks the Saviors if they want to put him back in charge and go back to the way things were. When only Mark comes forward by kneeling, Negan strikes him in disgust. He then tells John that he knows he didn't really approve of Sherry's plan. With Negan having successfully talked them down, the Saviors leave.
- After saying goodnight to everyone, Rick goes inside and gets ready for bed. Once undressed, however, he goes outside and sleeps on Andrea's grave.