|This article is about the TV series character. You may be looking for the first criminal, the second criminal, or their Comic Series counterpart.|
- "There was a radio call that said that there was two suspects in a car, but there was a third man. Somebody screwed up. I screwed up. I just... I did not see him in time, Lori, it's my fault."
- —Shane Walsh to Lori Grimes about how this criminal managed to shoot her husband Rick[src]
This criminal is a minor antagonist, along with two other of his criminal colleagues, were involved in a high speed chase before the apocalypse occurred in the episode "Days Gone Bye" in Season 1 of AMC's The Walking Dead.
Not much is known about this criminal. He probably lives in or near Atlanta, and is a criminal for a living.
Along with two other of his criminal comrades, he was involved in a legal matter with the Linden County Sheriff's Department. However, the group refused to obey the requests of the deputy officers, injuring a Linden County Sheriff officer and starting a high speed chase with the Linden County Sheriff's Department. With their driving becoming reckless and the group entering King County, Georgia, the police requested the aid of the King County Sheriff's Department. When Officer Rick Grimes and Officer Shane Walsh responded to the call, they headed out to the highway and laid down a spike strip to stop their vehicle. Once the criminals' car went over the strip, it popped the tires, causing them to lose control of their vehicle and flipping it multiple times. When the group recovered, the other two criminals got out, but were killed quickly by the police officers. However, the officers didn't realize there was a third criminal still in the car. To the officers' surprise, he got out of the car, and shot Rick in the back of the shoulder with a .45 which started causing him severe blood loss. Shane quickly retaliated and shot back, killing him right on the spot before helping Rick.
- Killed By
The criminal unexpectedly got out of the flipped car and shot Rick in the back; he was quickly put down by Shane with a single shot from Shane's shotgun.
This list shows the victims this criminal has killed:
- Possibly numerous counts of unnamed people
- "Days Gone Bye" (No Lines)
- Originally this criminal's death scene was filmed with a headshot, but they went with the chest shot because it had a more realistic reaction.
- Brent Bernhard has theorized that since none of the criminals were killed with headshots, they are likely walkers roaming around the Georgia forest. (This is very unlikely, since Rick was in a coma for several weeks and the bodies were likely buried by then.)
- Despite the criminal shooting Rick in the shoulder area, when Rick wakes up following the apocalypse, his bandage is further down his body and the positioning indicates that he was his in the lower left side.