|This article is about the Savior in the Comic Series. You may be looking for his his Road to Survival or TV Series counterparts, the Hilltop character in Road to Survival, the Savior in Road to Survival, the Train Fuel Depot survivor in Road to Survival, the Hunter in the Comic Series, the Alexandrian resident in the Comic Series, the Hilltop resident in the Comic Series, the prison resident in the TV Series, the Alexandrian resident in the TV Series, the father of Tara Chambler, his Novel Series counterpart, the other Novel Series character, the Video Game character, the actor, the photographer, or the screenwriter.|
Nothing is known about David's life prior to or as the outbreak began.
David is first seen in Issue 97 hiding from Eugene and Abraham as they go to collect supplies to make ammunition. He is seen with a few of Negan's men, motioning them to stay quiet as they spy on Abraham and Eugene passing by. He is later seen at the Alexandria Safe-Zone with Dwight and a few other Saviors trying, unsuccessfully, to gain access. He then retreats with other Saviors and Dwight.
He is a part of a small team of Saviors led by an unnamed Savior lieutenant that capture Rick while he's on watch. He assists the others in holding Rick hostage by pointing a gun to his head, until Negan and the rest of the Saviors arrive. He then watches as Negan beats Glenn's skull in.
In Issue 117, David is seen fighting off zombies, alongside Negan and the rest of the Saviors. After the Saviors are forced to retreat back into the Sanctuary, David pays a visit to Holly, checking in on her. She asks him if she could have some water, and he replies that he'll give her some water, if she has sex with him. David then begins to rip Holly's shirt open and remove her pants, but, Negan walks in. Negan is furious at David for attempting to rape Holly and questions him before stabbing David in the neck, killing him.
- Killed By
- Himself (Indirectly Caused)
Disgusted by his attempt to rape Holly, Negan sticks his knife through David's neck, killing him instantly.
This list shows the victims David has killed:
- Himself (Indirectly Caused)
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies and unnamed people
- Issue 105 (No Lines)
- David is the first named Savior to appear in the Comic Series.
- David is the most used name in the Comic Series. David the Savior was the fourth character to be named David.
- Other commonly used names in both Comic Series and TV Series include Bruce, Beth, Chris, Billy, Eugene, Matthew, Jim, Sam, Paul, Mike, Tony, Greg, John, Bob, and Eric.
- Robert Kirkman answered the question whether naming characters the same name, Billy, Chris, Jim, Eugene, David, Eric, and Bruce was an oversight, "It's not oversight at all. It's completely unrealistic for a group of people to meet at random and never encounter the same names."
- David is the character featured on the cover of Issue 97.
- Although he first appeared in Issue 97, his name is not revealed until Issue 117.
- David's death is very similar to Harold's, as both being stabbed in the neck by member of the same facility, after receiving bad feedback for their actions.