|This article is about the TV Series character. You may be looking for her Comic Series, Novel Series, or Road to Survival counterparts, or the other doctor in the Comic Series.|
- "That's not for me to say."
- —Dr. Stevens to Andrea and Michonne.[src]
Nothing is known about Dr. Stevens' life prior to or as the outbreak began. It is possible that she lived in or near Woodbury. It is also likely she was a trained doctor.
Dr. Stevens assumes as the acting physician for the town of Woodbury, providing medical care to sick and injured citizens. She is seen caring for Andrea, a newcomer to Woodbury, and later talks to Lieutenant Welles with the Governor about the helicopter crash and the location of the National Guard military convoy. When the Governor gives the word, she leaves him alone with the Lieutenant.
Dr. Stevens treated the Governor at the clinic after he was attacked and stabbed in the eye by Michonne. She remains in the clinic and begins caring for the wounded from the arena and earlier raid.
Dr. Stevens is at the infirmary caring for the wounded, including nine residents who were hurt in the previous night’s raid by Rick’s group. Andrea visits her to check on the wounded and to give Milton a report on the status of the patients.
Following the failed prison assault in "Welcome to the Tombs", Dr. Stevens' fate is unclear. However, she is most likely dead. It is likely she was among the fleeing Woodbury soldiers massacred by the Governor out on the road as she was not seen with the remaining Woodburians arriving at the prison.
- Killed By
- Philip Blake (Caused or Direct)
Dr. Stevens is among the residents shot to death by the Governor after refusing to return to the Prison to continue fighting.
This list shows the victims Dr. Stevens has killed:
- Possibly numerous counts of patients (Out of Mercy, Before Reanimation)
- Numerous counts of zombies
- Dr. Stevens was credited for "The Suicide King" but the scene was deleted.
- Her appearance in the Comic Series was that of a Caucasian male in his late 40s, while her TV counterpart is that of an African-American female in her early to mid 40s.
- She is the first character whose ethnicity has been changed from Caucasian to African-American for the TV Series, the second being Bob Stookey.
- She is also the first character whose gender has been changed from male to female for the TV Series, the second being Deanna Monroe, third being Reg Monroe, fourth being Farron, and the fifth being Kelly.
|Language||Dubber||Other Characters Voiced|
|German||Peggy Sander||Cynthia Ramirez|
|Spanish (Latin America)||N/A||N/A|
- Casting directors have confirmed that any Woodbury character, extra or otherwise, not seen alive in the Season 3 finale have been assumed dead as all soldiers were killed in the prison assault and subsequent massacre.