Nothing is known about Ed's life prior to or as the outbreak began other than that he had a wife named Nancy and a daughter named Emily. He was also a taxidermist like his father was.
After the outbreak happened. Ed, took his family to his father's old hunting cabin where they had years worth of supplies. Ed started augmenting walkers to scare other people away. However one day one of his creations got loose and killed both his wife Nancy and his daughter Emily.
Ed will appear in this episode.
- Killed By
During a fight, Alicia kicks Ed backwards, accidentally impaling him through the side with deer antlers. With his augmented walkers breaking in and severely wounded, Ed urges Alicia, Charlie, and Dakota to escape while he distracts the walkers. As the walkers come in, Ed stands to greet them and allows them to devour him.
After Morgan and Alicia put down the augmented walkers, one of the group prevents Ed from reanimating before Alicia and Dakota bury him nearby.
This list shows the victims Ed has killed:
- Nancy (Indirectly Caused)
- Emily (Indirectly Caused)
- Himself (Caused, Sacrifice)
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies and unnamed people
- Ed is the second character in Fear The Walking Dead to get impaled by deer antlers, the first being Ennis. Although, unlike Ennis, it's not what ultimately kills him and he doesn't reanimate. Both however recieve their implement from a member of the Clark family.
- His death is similar to that of Jeremiah Garlitz and "Beta"; he dies by being happily eaten alive by his "followers" in a Christ-like pose.