- "My father, he was a taxidermist. When I was a kid, I couldn't understand how you could do something like that to an animal. To take something so vibrant, and alive, and freeze it in time. But my dad, he turned me around. He said, "When else would you get the chance to preserve something like that in its most perfect state forever?" That's why I took up the trade. It's the same reason why I... came up here after the world... I wanted them to be able to hold on to things as they were. I mean what's what this place was to me and to us. There was food here, enough to last for years, and we were happy here. But, trouble is, things inside may have been preserved as they were, but... not out there. Some Rangers, they got wind of this place, what we had -- I was out on a supply run, and I came back and... Emily and her mom, they, um, they tried to protect this place from those people. And Virginia... she -- she killed your family. She killed mine, too. I should have done more. I could have done more to protect them. I started making them after Emily and Nancy died. I-I-I wanted them to be scary. Yes! Yes. The kind of people... the kind of people that hurt my Emily and -- and the kind of people that tried to hurt you. But if I can keep you safe... well... maybe I'll have done something right."
- —Ed to Alicia and Dakota about how he lost his family.[src]
Nothing is known about Ed's life prior to or as the outbreak began other than that he had a wife named Nancy and a daughter named Emily. He was also a taxidermist like his father was.
After the outbreak happened. Ed, took his family to his father's old hunting cabin where they had years worth of supplies. Ed started augmenting walkers to scare other people away. However one day one of his creations got loose and killed both his wife Nancy and his daughter Emily.
Ed will appear in this episode.
- Killed By
During a fight, Alicia kicks Ed backwards, accidentally impaling him through the side with deer antlers. With his augmented walkers breaking in and severely wounded, Ed urges Alicia, Charlie, and Dakota to escape while he distracts the walkers. As the walkers come in, Ed stands to greet them and allows them to devour him.
After Morgan and Alicia put down the augmented walkers, one of the group prevents Ed from reanimating before Alicia and Dakota bury him nearby.
This list shows the victims Ed has killed:
- Nancy (Indirectly Caused)
- Emily (Indirectly Caused)
- Himself (Caused, Sacrifice)
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies and unnamed people
- Ed is the second character in Fear The Walking Dead to get impaled by deer antlers, the first being Ennis. Although, unlike Ennis, it's not what ultimately kills him and he doesn't reanimate. Both however recieve their implement from a member of the Clark family.
- His death is similar to that of Jeremiah Garlitz and "Beta"; he dies by being happily eaten alive by his "followers" in a Christ-like pose.
- According to a Bonus Edition for "Damage From the Inside", Ed was named after Ed Gein, a serial killer and body snatcher from Wisconsin. He also known as "The Butcher of Plainfield".
|Language||Dubber||Other Characters Voiced|
|Spanish (Latin America)||Jesús Cortés||N/A|