Nothing is known about Gad's life prior to or as the outbreak began.
Gad is first seen when Clementine, AJ, Willy, and Violet/Louis scout out the Delta's ship. He can be seen next to Lilly when she calls out to Minerva using "Rockingham". When Clem, AJ, and Violet/Louis enter the ship, he's seen patrolling the lower decks. He is later seen heading upstairs when Clem gets to where Omar, Aasim, and Violet/Louis are being held captive. When Gina tells Lilly she's got "something to show her", Gad and Sullene are seen heading down to the deck below.
As Clementine and AJ make their escape down the dock, they are suddenly attacked by Gad, who managed to find Marlon's bow during the chaos. He relentlessly fires arrows at Clementine, angrily cursing her for killing his people. Clementine and AJ manage to overpower Gad and wrestle the bow off of him, and he is promptly shot and killed.
- Killed By
When Clementine and AJ get off the S.S. Stewarts Fitzgerald, Gad immediately attacks them, wanting revenge for Clementine killing his people. He shoots at them with Marlon's bow as the two take cover behind some crates. Clementine pulls out one of his arrows from a post, and stabs Gad in the foot when he gets close. The two proceed to wrestle for the bow, which ends up in Clementine's hands when AJ punches Gad in the crotch. Just as Gad pulls the arrow out of his foot, Clementine shoots him in the head.
This list shows the victims Gad has killed:
- Himself (Indirectly Caused)
- Numerous counts of zombies and possibly unnamed people
- Gad is one of three characters voiced by Robbie Daymond, the others being Mitch and Armando.
- Gad is the only Delta soldier in "Broken Toys" who never comes into direct conflict with Clementine's group.
- Though it is possible for Gad to kill Clementine, this is non-canon.
- Clementine can shoot Gad with an arrow during the walker sequence on the pier, but will mysteriously be fine later on in the episode, even if you shoot him in the head. If you shoot Gad on the pier, he will respawn immediately. You can continue to repetitively shoot him on the pier, as he will just respawn every time he is shot.
- Marcus Just voices Gad in the German version.
- Marcus also voices Armando in the German version.
- Fabrice Lelyon voices Gad in the French version.