|This article is about the Fear character. You may be looking for Road to Survival character, Comic Series character, or the Survival Instinct character.|
Gloria, the daughter of an unnamed mother and father, is a drug user who lives in Los Angeles. The girlfriend of Nicholas Clark, the two had previously got high together, thanks to their supplier Calvin Jasper, in a derelict church in Los Angeles.
Nick awakes in the abandoned church where the two had previously stayed the night, getting high, resulting in Gloria's death through a drug overdose. Finding her not by his side, he looks for her, seeing a trail of blood leading to one deceased man, followed by finding an undead Gloria eating another man. She begins to walk towards him, exposing a knife wedged into her chest (presumably done by one of the men in futile defense), which causes Nick to flee from the church.
When Travis returns to the church, Gloria, nor the two deceased men, are present, indicating they escaped the church and began attacking other individuals. After the National Guard Compound is overrun by walkers, the U.S. Military abandons Los Angeles and firebombs the city with Napalm. As a result, all walkers and citizens are likely killed if they had not already left the area.
In a flashback, she is seen playing thumb war with Nick at a rehab facility. She urges him to rehearse an upcoming meeting with his parents to avoid a longer stint in rehab. She role-plays his father and asks him to share his feelings after serving three weeks in rehab. Nick blames his father for being absent in his life.
In another flashback, she and Nick wait in the hallway of the rehab facility. They see her well-to-do parents check in at the front desk. Madison arrives and waves at them. As Gloria and her parents walk down the hallway, she hears Nick screaming from a private room. She looks in the room and sees Madison hugging Nick after informing him that his father died.
In a flashback to the night before Nick found her reanimated, the two discuss a book that Nick is reading as they prepare to shoot up. Gloria decides to read it in the morning as Nick prepares an overdose of heroin for himself without telling her.
In the present, while hallucinating, Nick briefly sees Gloria as part of a herd that he is walking with. However, when he looks back at the walker, he sees that it was actually someone completely different.
- Killed By
- Nicholas Clark (Possibly, Accidental, Alive)
The day before her death, Nick attempts suicide via heroin overdose after opening up about his father's death, but ends up killing Gloria. It is unsure whether or not he meant to kill her or not, but he did not appear to tell Gloria that he had prepared an overdose before giving it to her.
- Calvin Jasper (Possibly, Indirectly Caused, Alive)
Since it's also known that Nick got the majority of his drugs from Calvin, it's possible that the heroin he was going to use to commit suicide was from Calvin's supply thus indirectly causing her death.
This list shows the victims Gloria has killed:
- 2 unnamed junkies (Infected, Alive)
- "Pilot" (Zombified)
- Gloria is the first character to die in Season 1.
- On Talking Dead, showrunner Dave Erickson confirmed that Gloria is "Patient Zero" of the zombie apocalypse in the entire Walking Dead universe.
- Coincidentally, Gloria and Matt Sale are the girlfriend and boyfriend of Nick and Alicia Clark, and are both currently zombies.
- The most likely reason Gloria died and Nick survived the overdose is the difference in body weight between them and the greater effect the drug would've had on her as a result. When Nick told Calvin about the undead Gloria killing the two junkies, Calvin commented that Gloria was only "90 pounds soaking wet," a significant difference between herself and Nick.