|This article is about the Video game character. You may be looking for his Road to Survival counterpart. For other pages with the same name, see: Greg|
- "I knew about the rotters. I mean, I've fought them before. Killed them. It's bad. But... people are worse, aren't they? I didn't know it was this bad. They know what they're doing... they just don't care."
- —Greg reflecting on what people are capable of.[src]
Greg Fairbanks is an original character who appears in Telltale Games' The Walking Dead: Michonne. He is introduced as the brother of Samantha, who winds up getting involved in a conflict with the colony of Monroe, who Sam previously stole supplies from.
- 1 Pre-Apocalypse
- 2 Post-Apocalypse
- 3 Death
- 4 Killed Victims
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Appearances
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
Chesapeake Bay, Virginia
Nothing is known about Greg's life prior to or as the outbreak began, except that he had a sister named Samantha, two brothers, Alex and James, a father named John, and a mother named Sophia. Greg was born in 1988 or 1989, as he was 16 years old.
In the early days of the apocalypse, Greg and his family accompanied with a childhood friend Paige took shelter and barricaded there house. About a year before he met Michonne he lost his mother. Shortly before the game begins Greg and his sister stolen a bag of supplies from Monroe.
Greg is first seen abruptly bursting out of an ammunition cupboard on the seemingly abandoned ferry after Michonne and Pete attempt to take the duffel-bag that was sitting on the counter. After confronting the two at gunpoint, his sister comes in and contributes to the tension. The four are eventually interrupted by a horde of walkers and focus their attention on defeating them.
Greg is too nervous to shoot an approaching walker in the head, shoots him in the chest instead, and is later saved by Michonne. After the horde is defeated, a woman named Gabby approaches and points a gun in the direction of the four. Randall and his group walk in and assess the situation.
It turned out that Greg and Samantha were thieves stealing from the ferry, and Michonne and Pete were regarded as accomplices.
Eventually, they're all brought back to Monroe where they were to speak and be judged by Norma, the sister of Randall. After Randall brings Michonne upstairs and questions her affiliation with Greg and Samantha, Greg is brought upstairs to be questioned as well.
A gun is pointed to Gregs head after lying, and this makes Greg scared enough to urinate himself, much to the annoyance of Randall. Greg, Samantha and Michonne are brought into Jonas' room by Randall and Zachary to be asked about the location of the rest of the supplies, but Zachary is too nervous to handle the gun and makes the final decision to shoot Greg in the stomach from buckling under pressure.
After failing to stop the bleeding of the wound in time, Michonne and Samantha watch Greg die and reanimate in mere seconds. It's then up to Michonne to get Samantha to hold Greg down and smash his head in to end him.
Greg's corpse is seen in the beginning of this episode. Later on Greg, is mentioned by Samantha feeling guilt over his death and by Michonne as she tells his family that Greg didn't make. Paige will also mention him, telling Michonne about everything the boy's have been through. Lastly John will ask if Greg became a walker or not.
Greg is mentioned a few times by his family. Michonne can explore Greg's room, finding a drawing of him made by Alex.
- Killed By
- Himself (Caused, Sacrifice, Alive)
- Randall (Indirectly Caused)
- Zachary (Alive, Accidental)
- Michonne Hawthorne (Zombified)
When Zachary is questioning Greg on Randall's orders, shakily holding a gun in his hands, Michonne tells him to take his finger off the trigger, to which he ignores. After being pressured into doing something by Randall, Zachary accidentally pulls the trigger and shoots Greg in the stomach. Samantha is mourning over him as he slowly dies. Michonne then tries to stop the bleeding, but fails. He then reanimates in mere seconds. Michonne kills his zombified corpse, and Samantha avenges him by killing Zachary. (Determinant)
This list shows the victims Greg has killed:
- Himself (Caused, Sacrifice, Alive)
- Monroe colonist (Indirectly Caused, Determinant)
- Numerous counts of zombies
- Along with Abel, Greg has reanimated the fastest in the whole video game as possibly just around a minute after his death.
- Greg and Samantha are the first Native-American characters to appear in the entire Telltale Games Walking Dead universe.
- Greg is shown to have anxiety issues and possibly an overactive bladder due to how easily he wet himself when confronted.
- When Norma interrogates Michonne, independently of what Michonne says, Greg will say the opposite of what Michonne answered, generating tension and mistrust.
- Greg is the first character to die in the Michonne Mini-Series.
- He is also the first character to reanimate into a walker and be put down in the Michonne Mini-Series.