|This article is about the Assault character. You may be looking for his Comic Series, TV Series, Video Game or Road to Survival counterparts or the other Comic Series character.|
Hershel Greene is a main character in the mobile app, The Walking Dead: Assault.
Almost nothing is known about Hershel from before the outbreak. However, because the game's continuity follows that of the Comic Series, it is possible Hershel was a farmer before the outbreak began, and may still be operating his farm even throughout the outbreak.
Hershel will appear before each chapter, giving advice such as: "Trade in Supplies for upgrades and items that will increase your chances of survival!"
The following is a list of hints that Hershel gives the player.
- Stay alert......you aren't alone.
- Be on the look out for other survivors.
- Move and clear each street methodically. Use nearby items to cause a distraction.
- Be careful how much noise you make!
- Switch between your ranged and melee weapon to avoid making a noise.
- The undead may not be your only enemy...
- Hide behind cover to get close to your enemy and then pop out to attack.
- Use flares & distractions to pick walkers off in smaller packs.
- Tackle each pack individually and use flares to cause mass damage to multiple zombies.
- Maybe you can use the undead to your advantage here...
- Use items around you to lure the undead into attacking the other hunters.
- Watch out for extra-strong "horde" zombies!
- Time the use of your Special Moves in order to be most effective.
- Lure walkers into positions where you can then attack efficiently.
- Experiment with different team formations to decide an effective strategy.
- Trade in Supplies for upgrades and items that will increase your chances of survival!
- Police sirens, gunfire, and special moves all make noise which will attract the herd.
- Use everything at your disposal to manage the incoming swarm!
- Break the incoming swarm into smaller groups using items in the environment.
- Use everything you have learned to defend the camp!
- Purchase upgrades and pick your team wisely in order to save the camp!
- Log in to Game Center to compete against friends for the fastest time!
- Complete Bonus Objectives and Challenges to earn more rewards!
- Hershel only appears to give advice to the player before levels; he is not a playable character.
- Hershel is the only member of the Greene Family in the Comic Series to appear in the Assault Game.
- He is the only living character in The Walking Dead: Assault that is a non-playable character.
- The Walking Dead: Assault is currently the only medium of The Walking Dead franchise in which Hershel Greene holds an "alive" status.
|Playable Characters||Rick • Shane • Glenn • Andrea • Carol • Sophia • Dale • Carl • Lori • Michonne • Tyreese • Brian|
|Main St. Survivors||Clara|
|Car Park Survivors||Scott • Ted|
|Miscellaneous Survivors||Hershel • Hostiles|
|Alive characters appear in green. Dead characters appear in red and italics. Unknown characters appear in blue. Undead characters appear in gray and italics. Determinant characters appear in purple. With italics, determinant characters either die or turn undead. Without italics, determinant characters either die, stay alive, or are left with unknown status.|