Hurst is an antagonist and survivor of the outbreak in Overkill's The Walking Dead. He is a high-ranking member of the Brigade, serving as a lieutenant. He serves as the primary antagonist for the second half of Season 1.
Nothing is known about Hurst's life prior or as the outbreak began. He may have lived near or in Washington, D.C.
Little is known about Hurst's life after the outbreak. He served with the Brigade as a lieutenant and was the one in charge of leading the attack on Anderson Camp.
- Killed By
- Aidan Hunt (Direct, Caused or Indirectly Caused, Determinant)
- Grant Moore (Direct, Caused or Indirectly Caused, Determinant)
- Maya Evans (Direct, Caused or Indirectly Caused, Determinant)
- Reina (Direct, Caused or Indirectly Caused, Determinant)
- Zombies (Determinant)
As the protagonists push further ahead into the Brigade base at the Lincoln Memorial, Hurst locks himself inside of a panic room. The protagonists eventually hack the console to the door and open it. Hurst attempts to fight back, but is swiftly killed.
If the protagonists didn't find him in time while the horde were inside the Lincoln Memorial, it is possible that he can be devoured by walkers.
This list shows the victims Hurst has killed:
- Saul (Caused)
- The Georgetown Sniper (Caused)
- Gary (Caused)
- Heather Campbell
- Numerous counts of zombies and unnamed people
- Hurst is one of the two characters in The Walking Dead to directly kill a protagonist, the other being Sebastian Milton.
|Overkill's The Walking Dead Characters|
|Anderson Camp||Aidan • Grant • Anderson • Caleb • Peggy|
|Maya's Family||Maya • David|
|Campbell Family||E. • Heather|
|The Brigade||Patterson • Hurst|
|Eckington Camp||Sarah • Kirk|
|Miscellaneous Survivors||The Wanderer • Tanner • Kevin • Edna • Stan • Walter • Bob • Gary|
|Animals||Brutus • Mittens|
|Alive characters appear in green. Dead characters appear in red and italics. Unknown characters appear in blue. Undead characters appear in grey and italics.|