Almost nothing is known about Jean's life before or as the outbreak began, except she was married to Walt.
Walt was surviving with his wife, Jean, at Gil's Pit-stop when a group of masked looters attacked them. When Russell and Nate get into the diner, Walt starts to shout because Jean was shot by one of the looters. Walt, believing Russell and Nate to be the same looters, starts to complain on how they have returned to finish them off and steal their food supplies. Nate then asks Russell whether they should kill the couple, which leads to Russell choosing to leave Nate, or stick with him. Choosing to leave will make Russell walk out of the back, stop and hear two gun shots and Jean's screams before she dies. If Russell stays, Nate will shoot Walt and Jean in front of him, the pair dying of bloodloss.
Later, when Shel and her group take up residence in the gas station, she is seen as a walker, chained to a post in the back lot as a "watchdog". If Shel approaches her, she sees the zombified Jean eating the carcass of a puppy. Jean growls at her before returning her attention to the puppy.
- Killed By
Nate decides to kill Walt and his wife and take their supplies after they tried to shoot down him and Russell. Nate shoots Jean in the neck resulting in her reanimation as a walker.
This list shows the victims Jean has killed:
- One puppy (Infected)
- Roberto (Infected, Indirectly Caused, Determinant)
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies
- —Jean to Walt.[src]
Jean was married to Walt before the outbreak started. It is clear that they have a very loving relationship, as Walt risks his own life to protect an injured Jean, from both Nate and Russell. But, due to their small role and short lifespan, the relationship was never explored further.
- Jean is one of the many characters whose name has only been mentioned in credits.
- Her model as a walker is different from other walkers.
- Her eyes are still normal, whereas other walkers or reanimated survivors have white eyes.
- At Gil's Pitstop, during Shel's Story, you can see the blood stains from Nate killing Jean and Walt.
- Jean is the only character of 400 Days to have an undead status regardless of the player’s decisions.