|This article is about the actor portraying Negan. You may be looking for the actor who portrayed Dale Horvath, the Comic Series character or the TV Series character.|
Jeffrey Dean Morgan was born on April 22, 1966, in Seattle, Washington. While in school, he played football and captained the basketball team. He became one of the star players in the school team, before being sidelined by an injury. Disheartened by this, he decided to pursue a career in graphic designing.
In the late 80s, he decided to move to Los Angeles and learn acting. He soon started auditioning for TV and film roles. His natural charisma and acting skills managed to get him a few minor roles by the early 90s.
In 1996, he played the first major role of his career in the science-fiction series The Burning Zone. His performance was appreciated and by the mid-2000s, he finally started getting major films and TV series roles.
- Dillinger and Capone
- Undercover Heat
- In the Blink of an Eye
- Road Kill
- Days of Wrath
- The Losers
- Jonah Hex
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- The O.C.
- Grey's Anatomy
- Texas Rising
- The Good Wife
- His former manager (who happened to be a very good friend of his) dropped him because he just wasn't getting work just the day before he got his role on Supernatural (2005), claiming she couldn't resurrect his career.
- Stated that many people who recognize him mistake him for Javier Bardem.
- He had to lose 40 pounds in a short period of time to play a man with tuberculosis in Texas Rising (2015). He lost the weight by eating only a can of tuna per day.
- He played the father of 2 unrelated superheroes. He played Thomas Wayne, father of Bruce Wayne, aka Batman, in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), and he played The Comedian, father of Laurie Juspeczyk, aka The Silk Spectre, in Watchmen (2009).
- He starred alongside Lauren Cohan in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- His wife in real life, Hilarie Burton, she is set to portray Negan's wife, Lucille.