Jessica is from the United States and is the daughter of Ilene and Charles Stowe. Prior to the outbreak, she and her family were attending her wedding to Oscar Diaz at the Rosarito Beach Hotel in Baja California, Mexico.
Jessica was in Rosarito with her family celebrating her wedding at the Rosarito Beach Hotel's ballroom, despite the rumors and stories of the outbreak threatening to close the border. As the guests enjoyed the party, she was called to the dance floor to dance with her newlywed husband Oscar, despite her parents debating whether they should leave Mexico. After her dance with Oscar, Charles is called to the dance floor for the father-daughter dance. However, during the dance Charles suffers a heart attack and reanimates, biting Jessica's cheek as she tried to perform CPR. As panic ensues in the ballroom, the hotel manager Elena Reyes locks all the wedding party inside in an effort to contain the situation.
It is revealed that Jessica was somehow transported to the honeymoon suite in Tower 1711, either carried as an unreanimated corpse, led as a reanimated zombie to the suite, or she managed to reach this room before succumbing to her wounds. Victor Strand discovers this and speaks to Oscar, who refuses to put down his undead wife. After the two men engage in a conversation, Oscar finally relents and allows Victor to enter the room and put down Jessica.
- Killed By
- Charles Stowe (Infected, Alive)
After Charles suffers a heart attack, Jessica rushes to aid to his help. However, Charles reanimates and bites Jessica on the cheek.
Eventually, Jessica succumbs to the infection and reanimates.
- Victor Strand (Zombified, Off-Screen)
Several weeks later, Strand puts down a zombified Jessica.
- The casting call for this character used the name Bride.
- Jessica was described as "The kind of woman who has been planning her wedding since she was a little girl. A Type A perfectionist, she puts her heart into everything she does. She's thoughtful yet demanding, and with those closest to her shows a softer side."
-  - Spoil the Dead.com (March 29, 2016)