Just Another Day at the Office is a short novel by Robert Kirkman and Jay Bonansinga, first featured in the first issue of The Official Magazine. The storyline takes place right after the events of The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor.
Brian has taken charge after the death of Gene Gavin. He leads the Woodbury residents during a zombie attack. The town is overrun by zombies and the citizens are being devoured. Brian takes control and stops the slaughter by not only saving the town, but many citizens personally. These actions make the people of Woodbury trust and look up to Brian, some even start calling him The Governor.
- The title refers to a line spoken by Brian Blake.
- The length of the novel is about the same as an ordinary chapter of the other novels.
- This short story also includes an extended excerpt for The Walking Dead: The Road to Woodbury.
- This is the first (and only) short story in The Walking Dead Novel Series.
- At the beginning of the chapter, the narration states that the time is "4:43 PM Central Standard Time", however Woodbury is in Georgia, which is not in that time zone.
|Novels of The Walking Dead Novels|
|The Governor Saga||"Rise of the Governor" • "Just Another Day at the Office" • "The Road to Woodbury" • "The Fall of the Governor"|
|The Preacher Saga||"Descent" • "Invasion"|
|The Woodbury Saga||"Search and Destroy" • "Return to Woodbury"|