Nothing is known about Kent's life prior to or as the outbreak began. It is possible he lived in or near Alexandria before the apocalypse.
Kent is seen at Deanna Monroe's party, where he socializes with other residents and the new arrivals. As newcomer Rick Grimes and Jessie Anderson talk, he can be seen laughing while in a conversation with Barbara.
Kent is among the townspeople present at the community forum to discuss Rick's fate. He also witnesses the murder of Reg Monroe, which he is horrified at, and the subsequent execution of Pete Anderson.
Kent is one of the many townspeople by the front gate, listening to the growing horde gathering outside the walls. He appears to be very concerned about the situation and listens to Rick and Aaron as they address the crowd. Later, he along with several other residents attempt to raid the pantry despite Olivia's pleas. Kent eventually returns the food to the pantry after being calmed down by Deanna's son, Spencer.
Kent is at Rosita's machete lesson with Jessie, Eugene Porter, and several other Alexandrians. Initially, he is confused on the proper technique when using a machete against a zombie, but keeps practicing. Sometime that afternoon, Kent is taking a walk with another woman as Carol follows Denise and Morgan around. Later, he attends Father Gabriel Stokes's prayer circle with Bob Miller, Barbara, and other Alexandrians. He also witnesses Enid and Glenn Rhee's green balloons floating in the sky, just before the wall is brought down by the collapsing church steeple.
When the herd invaded, Kent retreated inside one of the houses for safety. Kent witnesses Rick slaughtering zombies by himself in the streets and is inspired to join the group as he sees other townspeople arrive to help. He is among the residents to battle zombies for hours until they are all killed.
Kent is present at the meeting in the church, listening to Rick's speech about the danger of the Saviors. When Rick asked if anyone objected to the idea of attacking the Saviors, Kent remained silent.
Kent stands outside with Tobin and Francine and watches the Saviors ransack their houses. Later, Kent is among the townspeople present at the church when Rick informs them that he is no longer in charge and that all guns need to be turned over to the Saviors.
Kent is among the Alexandrians armed and ready to battle the Saviors alongside the Scavengers. When Jadis and her people turn their guns onto the Alexandrians, Kent surrenders and is held hostage among the other residents. He is liberated when reinforcements from Hilltop and the Kingdom arrive to the rescue.
Kent is among the several Alexandrians killed during the Saviors' grenade attack on Alexandria, having been unable to evacuate safely into the sewers in time with the other residents.
- Killed By
- Negan (Caused)
- The Saviors (Off-Screen)
Kent is among the residents killed when Alexandria is attacked by the Saviors with grenades as he was not seen among those who safely evacuated into the sewers and later to the Hilltop.
This list shows the victims Kent has killed:
- Numerous counts of zombies
- "Service" (No Lines)
- "Sing Me a Song" (No Lines)
- "The First Day of the Rest of Your Life" (No Lines)
- Kent was credited in "Start to Finish" but did not appear in the episode.
- While Kent filmed for "The First Day of the Rest of Your Life", the majority of his scenes were cut, except for the quick shot of him before the Scavengers' betrayal, which is why the producers did not credit him for the episode.
- ↑ Kent has not been seen since Season 7 and several events occurred that have left his fate unclear. However, with the grenade attack in Alexandria, several people are killed as indicated by the Savior's lines to Michonne and bodies visible on the ground. In addition, all remaining Alexandrians were evacuated to the Hilltop, and anyone not seen with them can be considered a casualty of the grenade attack, including Kent who was not with the remaining Alexandrians in "Dead or Alive Or".