Laurie Holden was born December 17, 1969 in Los Angeles, CA, to actors Glenn Corbett and Adrienne Ellis. When she was five, her parents divorced and her mother married director Michael Anderson.
She then split her time between L.A. and Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Her first role was on "The Martian's Chronicles" (1980), when she played Rock Hudson's daughter. As a teenager, she won the "Look of the Year" modeling pageant in Toronto.
After her freshman year at Montreal's McGill University (as an economics major), she transferred to UCLA and completed her BA.
- The Mist
- Silent Hill
- Fantastic Four
- Young Catherine
- The Magnificent Seven
- The X-Files
- The Majestic
- The Shield
- Dumb and Dumber To
- The Pathfinder
- The Americans
- Dragged Across Concrete
- Look of the Year in 1986
- Natalie Wood Actin Award in 1993 for Best Actress
- Satellite Award in 2012 for Best Cast - Television Series on The Walking Dead (TV Series), alongside her cast mates.
- Saturn Award in 2013 for Best Supporting Actress on Television on The Walking Dead (TV Series).
- She is among the several cast members who starred in Frank Darabont's The Mist, along with Jeffrey DeMunn, Melissa McBride, Juan Gabriel Pareja, Tiffany Morgan and Sam Witwer.
- She said that she wasn't supposed to be killed off in Season 3. The decision to kill her off from the show was made and given 3 days before the shooting for the finale began. In addition to this, 3 weeks prior to the shooting of the finale, the script was changed, scrapping her position as new leader of Woodbury.
- According to her Q&A at 2014 Walker Stalker in Chicago, she was contracted 8 seasons for portraying Andrea, before the decision of killing her off was brought to the table.
- Interestingly enough, she and her on-screen sister Emma Bell share the same birthday.
- She holds dual citizenship of both United States and Canada.
- On Twitter, she has her own fans team called "#TeamHolden".
- She follows most of the members.