|This article is about Negan's wife. You may be looking for her Comic Series counterpart, Negan's bat or its Comic Series counterpart.|
- "My first wife was a real wife. My only real wife. Till death did us part. It was before this. I lied to her, I screwed around with her... And she was sick... And when she went.. When she went it was during this... I couldn't put her down... That is how I was weak."
- —Negan telling Gabriel about Lucille.[src]
Not much is known about Lucille's life prior to or as the outbreak began, except that she was married to Negan, they lived together in Virginia and she was suffering from pancreatic cancer shortly before the outbreak. Lucille underwent chemotherapy which caused Lucille to lose her hair and was causing her to become sick. Additionally, she was actively being cheated on by Negan. After she died and reanimated, Negan couldn't bring himself to put Lucille down, which he came to see as his one weakness. Negan evidently dedicated his signature weapon, a wooden baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire, after her.
Negan tells Gabriel Stokes about Lucille, calling her his one, true wife that existed before the outbreak. Negan admits his sins in cheating on Lucille and how he couldn't bring himself to kill her after she reanimated. With tears in his eyes, Negan calls his inability to kill the reanimated Lucille his one weakness.
Negan tells Anne about how he named his bat after Lucille, and how she gave him the strength to go on in the world.
Negan mentions Lucille when talking to Michonne, saying he's glad she doesn't have to see him in his cell and calling her an angel. Negan says that she deserved better than what she got. When asked by Michonne, Negan reveals that she died of cancer. Negan says that he and Lucille would have loved to have child, one like Carl. He says that Lucille wasn't made for the apocalypse and calls her weak, and that part of him was relieved when she died, claiming it made him "not weak".
Negan begs Maggie to kill him so that he can be with Lucille, though she refuses to do so.
Negan tells Alpha about Lucille and her death from pancreatic cancer. Negan clearly still loves Lucille, stating that the cancer put a lot of things into perspective for him. After Lucille died, Negan stopped really feeling anything, but he recognizes that Alpha is only pretending not to feel. Alpha tells Negan that Lucille died of the cancer because it was what nature intended and that Lucille could not take Negan with her, but Negan lived every day wishing she could've.
- Killed By
- Pancreatic cancer (Alive)
Lucille developed pancreatic cancer shortly before the apocalypse and eventually succumbed to it at the beginning of the outbreak. She reanimated and Negan was unable to bring himself to put her down.
- Lucille is one of the few people in the The Walking Dead universe to die of natural causes, the others being David Chalmers, David Chambler, Michael Coleman, Patrick, Caleb Subramanian, Irma Horvath, Bob Miller, several unnamed prison survivors, and possibly Larry (as he was killed before whether he was truly alive or not was established).
- Lucille is one of six known cancer patients in the TV Series, with Irma Horvath, Michael Coleman, David Chambler, Molly, and Ezekiel being the other five.
- She is also the only one with an undead status.