|This article is about the Video Game character. For other pages with the same name, see: Marcus|
Nothing is known about Marcus' life prior to or as the outbreak began, except that he committed a crime, and then was sent to prison. The outbreak started 2 days in and this is also when he was being transported to prison.
2 days into the apocalypse, Marcus was sent to the prison on a prison bus. He sat on the same bus as Vince, Justin, and Danny. Having been stuck in a traffic jam for at least two hours, Marcus is visibly agitated. The inmate sitting in front of him, Jerry, continues to complain about the heat, much to Marcus's annoyance. Eventually the bickering between the two leads to a full-blown argument, in which Marcus snaps and begins to strangle Jerry with his handcuffs. Despite demands from one of the prison bus guards to stop, as well as the other prisoners, Marcus refuses to listen. Clyde ultimately ends up shooting Marcus in the head, killing him instantly, but not quickly enough to save Jerry's life.
- Killed By
- Himself (Caused)
When he is strangling Jerry, Clyde warned him. But he didn't stop and Clyde killed him.
After Marcus and Jerry bicker for a while, Marcus begins to strangle Jerry with his handcuffs. Bennett sends the guard, Clyde, back to separate the two. He continually threatens Marcus to let Jerry go, but he refuses to comply. A stressed Clyde ends up pulling the trigger, instantly killing Marcus with a shot to the head. When the bewildered prisoners question his actions, Clyde nervously claims that he shot Marcus in self-defense.
This list shows the victims Marcus has killed:
- Jerry (Alive)
- Clyde (Indirectly Caused, Alive)
- Himself (Caused)
- Possibly numerous counts of unnamed people (Pre-Apocalypse)
- "Fuck me? Fuck you, motherfucker!"
- —An argument between Marcus and Jerry.[src]
Marcus and Jerry did not get along and hated each other. Marcus was very annoyed by Jerry's complaining, to the point where Marcus started strangling Jerry with his handcuffs and refused to stop, even when Clyde pointed a shotgun at him.
- Marcus is the first prisoner to die on the prison bus in Vince's Story.
- Chronologically, he is also the first named character to die without turning in the whole 400 Days DLC.
- He is the only dead prisoner who never had a chance to become a walker, regardless of the player's actions.
- He is also the only prisoner on the prison bus whose surname is mentioned.
- Marcus is chronologically the first named character to die in the Video Game after the apocalypse.