|This article is about the Video Game character. You may be looking for her Road to Survival counterpart.|
Mariana García, also referred to as Mari, is a main character who appears in Telltale Games' The Walking Dead: Season Three. She is the daughter of David García, the stepdaughter of Kate, the niece of Javier, and the younger sister of Gabriel.
Mariana is depicted as an optimistic, sweet-tempered, benevolent kid that appreciates all that her family has done for her and takes great joy in the simple pleasures of post-apocalyptic life, such as candy bars and her battery-less walkman that she uses to drown out the bickering of her family. Despite her gentle disposition and soft-spoken mannerisms, Mariana is perceptive and occasionally sardonic in her mannerisms, bowing her head and praying piously that she will be able to find a candy bar before she and her group salvage the junkyard and openly admitting to Javi that she uses her dead walkman so that she can remain uninvolved in the rest of her group's arguments.
Before the apocalypse, Mariana lived with her brother Gabe, father David and stepmother Kate. She mentions that her biological mother used to tell her a story before bedtime which had an ending that she considered stupid despite her mother thinking it was funny. During the early stages of the outbreak, her grandfather died in his house of cancer while his entire family (except Javier) was present to witness his passing. Javier only arrives as Hector and his son were comforting her. When Mariana goes upstairs to refill Salvador's cup, Mrs. García, wracked with sobs, tells her that she no longer has to refill his cup. Mariana startlingly tells her that her grandfather was awake. Confused, everyone follows Mariana upstairs to discover Salvador standing in his bedroom. Hector approaches him after keeping his Mariana away, only to be attacked by his reanimated brother. Javier and David try to restrain their father when Salvador's wife storms in and asks what was happening. David tells her that Salvador had just attacked without warning. Mrs. García tries to comfort her husband, but gets bitten in the process. Stunned, she backs away into the arms of Javier and Kate and watches in shock as Salvador attacks David. Javier breaks a part of Salvador's bedframe and strikes Salvador with it as Kate holds a rag up to cover Mrs. García's wound. A terrified Mariana then hides under the family table, but Javier comforts her and encourages her to go with him. As David rushes Mrs. García to the hospital, Mariana joins Javier, Gabriel, Kate and Hector in their van.
Mariana is now a preteen and surviving with Javier, Kate and Gabe. She carries a cassette player with headphones she uses to drown out her surroundings. As they stop over in a junkyard, she prays to find a candy bar. She expresses her frustrations of her family constantly arguing and confesses to Javi that the batteries in her player have been dead for a few weeks. Javi then instructs her to hide in one of the cars if there is any trouble. When they discover the trailer, Javi has the option to give Mariana functioning batteries for her player. She and Gabe want to stay the night in the trailer, despite Kate's reluctance. When the New Frontier arrive, she hides with Kate and Gabe under the panel. Javi is then separated from the family.
Eventually, when the walker herd arrives at the junkyard, she hides in an abandoned car, just like what her uncle said. She reunites with him when he returns with Clementine and Tripp or Eleanor. After Javier rescues Kate and Gabe from walkers, Mariana happily reunites with her family. When Clementine mentions the safety of Prescott, Mariana asks Javier if they have hot water, and displays her excitement of the prospects of it. She finds her headphones and as Javi attempts to return her player she is suddenly shot in the back of her head by the New Frontier, who has returned as revenge. Kate rushes towards her body and is shot in the process. The group manages to transfer her body to safety, but Gabe and Tripp or Eleanor are forced to leave her body to bring Kate back to Prescott.
If Javier decides to stay and fight the New Frontier, Clementine has dug a burial site for Mariana after Javier recovers from a flash grenade explosion. Javier then tearfully buries Mariana. Throughout this episode, she is mentioned, numerous times.
Mariana appears in a flashback with Gabriel, when Javier and Kate decide they have to leave the neighborhood. She is unsure of what to pack before they leave and ends up taking her headphones with her over a stuffed animal. She is mentioned by David and Javier throughout the episode.
A photo of Mariana will appear on the memorial wall, the image depicting her standing and smiles on the office. She was mentioned by David, Javi and Gabe (If he is alive to the end).
- Killed By
While picking up her headphones from the floor, as she is about to return her player to him, Mariana is discovered by Badger, who then shoots her straight through the head, killing her instantly.
This list shows the victims Mariana has killed:
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies
- "Ties That Bind - Part 1"
- "Ties That Bind - Part 2" (Corpse, Determinant)
- "Above The Law" (Flashback)
- "From The Gallows" (Photograph)
- According to unused textures, Mariana was originally supposed to be shot in the neck which would eventually lead to Javi returning to the junkyard to find her as a walker, which would then lead to deciding whether Javi or another character should put her down. 
- Episode 1's screen shows Mariana wielding a knife among her family members, seemingly painting her as a combat-ready survivor. The actual series makes it clear she's not a fighter and she's among the first casualties of the season.
- In From The Gallows, Javier gives a haircut to Clementine which resembles Mariana's haircut since both had the same hairstyle just on a different side of the face.
- Mariana was originally suppose to be Javier's sister, whom Javier had to rescue her. Screencap of text
- Mariana and Marlon's deaths and burials (Determinant) were similar. They were both shot in the back of the head in front of a group of people out of surprise, much to their horror. Both Mariana (determinant) and Marlon's bodies were buried by loved ones, with Mariana being her uncle, Javier (Determinant), and Marlon being the Boarding School Survivors.