|This article is about Video Game character. You may be looking for his Road to Survival counterpart.|
Marlon is a main character and a former antagonist who first appears in Telltale Games' The Walking Dead: Season Four. He was the leader of Ericson's Boarding School and has a pet dog named Rosie. After his secret is discovered he becomes the primary antagonist of the episode "Done Running".
At first, Marlon seems like a fair and good-hearted leader, rescuing Clementine and Alvin Jr. and taking them in. However, he is paranoid, indecisive and somewhat cowardly. While not shying away from personal combat, he is extremely paranoid about his group's safety, a feeling which only increases after Marlon is forced to give up Sophie and Minerva to a group of raiders, going as far as establishing a small perimeter around the Boarding School and refusing to have his group venture out of it, even when faced with a food shortage. He also continuously pulled back this perimeter, until it only encompassed a few patches of wood around the school.
His position as leader stresses him greatly, resulting in him lashing out against anyone who criticizes his leadership, culminating in him accidentally killing Brody in a fit of rage when she was about to reveal that Marlon planned on giving Clementine and AJ to the raiders if they came back. Panicking, he attempts to pin the murder on Clementine after locking her in with a soon-to-be-reanimated Brody, whereupon his true nature is finally revealed to the group.
Despite this, Marlon is not fundamentally a bad person, as he is wreaked by guilt over giving up Sophie and Minerva to save the rest of his group and is genuinely horrified when he accidentally kills Brody. If Clementine attempts to reason with him, he will come to regret his actions and will only ask to be allowed to leave the Boarding School as a bad memory.
Nothing is known about Marlon's life prior to or as the outbreak began, except that he was a student at Ericson's Boarding School for Troubled Youth and played on one of the school's sports teams with his best friend Louis.
During the early days of the outbreak, all the adults at the school left Marlon and the rest of the students behind.
Marlon took over and helped keep the rest of the children safe. He also took care of Rosie, the Headmasters dog who was left behind. At some point, he took down the road signs leading towards the school to isolate them for safety from raiders and scavengers.
While hunting, Marlon and his hunting group found Alvin Jr. and Clementine crashed in a car by the train station with walkers about to attack them. Marlon proceeded to kill some of the walkers and pulled Alvin Jr. from the car wreckage while the others saved Clementine.
Back at the school, he tied Clementine to a bed, saying that, ‘she was in pretty bad shape,’ when asked about it by Clementine (Determinant). When Clementine recovers, she finds him with Tenn, either threatening him or talking calmly. If the former, he aims his bow at her, talking her into submission. (Determinant)
After that, Marlon showed Clementine around the former school. However, he leaves Clementine to tend to an attack outside the wall. A while late, he asks Clementine to help rescue a hunting group. That night, he tries to congratulate Alvin Jr. only to for the child to elbow him in the groin. He claims such behavior is not tolerated, leading AJ to apologize.
After supper, he plays a card game with Violet, Louis and Clementine to learn more about her. Marlon can be asked about his hair cut, and he will reply by saying that his haircut is cool (Determinant). The next day, while staying there, Marlon can help Clementine get over her fear of dogs, caused by the death of Sam. (Determinant) He then requests Clementine help the hunting groups search for food.
That night, Marlon is later found arguing with Brody in the basement. When Brody reveals to Clementine what he did to Tenn's sisters, he strikes Brody between the eyes with his flashlight, fatally injuring her by causing brain damage. Marlon searched for a first aid kit, but overheard Brody telling Clementine that Marlon traded Sophie and Minerva. Panicking, Marlon fled the basement, Clementine inside, telling her that he is ‘sorry.’
Outside, Marlon was confronted by the rest of the group. When Clementine escaped the basement, Marlon grabbed AJ's gun and held it high, telling the survivors that Clementine killed Brody. When Clementine successfully won the Ericson survivors over, AJ shot Marlon in the head from behind, killing him.
Marlon's corpse appears in a flashback of Clementine.
The next day, the group bury Marlon along with Brody at a funeral.
When Clementine checks the preparation for the Delta's attack, she can visit his grave. She has also the option to spit on it.
- Killed By
After accidentally bludgeoning Brody to death in a fit of anger, Marlon attempts to pin the blame onto Clementine. However, his intentions with the group are made known and, after a brief standoff, Marlon is shot in the back of the head by AJ. His body is buried by the survivors along with Brody's the next day.
This list shows the victims Marlon has killed:
- Marlon's death is ironic in the sense that earlier in the episode, he accidentally takes Alvin Jr. by surprise by placing a hand on his shoulder from behind, which results in AJ elbowing him in the groin. When Marlon dies, it ends up being a role reversal, with AJ shooting Marlon from behind.
- Marlon is the first survivor AJ has directly killed.
- Marlon claims to have eaten slugs at one point.
- He is the first character to kill another survivor in Season Four, this character being Brody.
- Marlon takes great pride in his haircut and will be annoyed and slightly insulted if Clementine asks why he's wearing it.
- Oddly enough, Marlon is the only character in the game who has a quiver of arrows to get ammo. Others characters like Clementine, Violet/Louis and Willy just appears to have infinite arrows when shooting a bow, surging out of nowhere without having a source to get it.
- Marlon is one of the twenty-seven characters with confirmed ages. The others being Lee Everett (37), Duck (10), Glenn (22), Sarah (15), Anna Correa (28), Luke (26-27), Clementine (Season 1: 8-9, Season 2: 11, Season 3: 13, Season 4: 16), Alvin (43), Alvin Jr. (Season 2: 0, Season 3: 2, Season 4: 5), Samantha Fairbanks (22), Paige (22), Greg Fairbanks (16), James Fairbanks (13), Alex Fairbanks (7), Mariana García (10), Gabriel García (14), James (19-20), Violet (18), Louis (18), Brody (18-19), Aasim (18-19), Tennessee (12), Willy (12), Omar (15-16), Ruby (17-18), and Mitch (17-18).