- "Sasha, honey, what's your favorite meal? I'd love to cook it for you sometime. I'm doing it for all the new arrivals. (...) Of course you do. Everyone has a favorite. So what's yours? Whatever you want. I'm just worried that I'll end up cooking something you hate, you know?"
- —Maya to Sasha Williams.[src]
Nothing is known about Maya's life prior to or as the outbreak began. It is possible she enjoyed cooking.
At some point in the apocalypse, Maya joined a community called the Alexandria Safe-Zone.
Maya attends Deanna's welcoming party for the new arrivals and socializes with the other residents and the new arrivals. She attempts to make friendly conversation with Sasha by asking her what her favorite dish is to make. Sasha is overwhelmed by the woman and the party in general, and snaps at Maya before storming away.
Maya is killed when the herd invades Alexandria. Her name is then added to the memorial wall along with the other deceased residents.
- Killed By
- Zombies (Off-Screen)
Maya is among the residents killed when a herd of walkers breaks into Alexandria.
This list shows the victims Maya has killed:
- Possibly a few zombies
- Maya is credited as Woman in "Forget".
- This character's name is revealed in "No Way Out" after her name is added to the memorial wall as a result of the herd that attacked Alexandria, killing several people.
- Maya appears to be a TV Series adaptation of Barbara from the Comic Series; in the Comic Series, at the welcome party, Michonne snaps at Barbara after being overwhelmed by Barbara's questions.
- Maya seems to have taken Barbara's comic book role for that specific part of the storyline, but the actual role of the character "Barbara" has been given to Mandi Christine Kerr.
- ↑ According to a set designer from Season 6, the name "Maya" refers to Maia Moss-Fife's character from the previous season. Similar to how the names of extras killed off in "JSS" were written on the wall, Maia's name was added to the wall as a casualty of the herd attack in "No Way Out". Unfortunately, one of the crew members was not aware of how Maia's name is spelled, and painted the name as "Maya" as it is more commonly known as.