- "He's at the McCarroll Ranch, a few miles west of here."
- —Dr. Lingard to Clementine about AJ's location.[src]
Fort McCarroll, also known as the McCarroll Ranch, is a location mentioned numerous times in Telltale Games' The Walking Dead: Season Three and seen in Season Four. It is first mentioned by Paul Lingard to Clementine about AJ’s location, and is periodically mentioned throughout Seasons Three and Four. The location finally appears in the series finale, "Take Us Back".
Nothing is known about the McCarroll Ranch before the outbreak, other than it was a military fort.
It's implied based on conversations between Clementine and AJ that there was a problem with the ranch that caused the two of them to leave.
Clementine has nightmares related to something that happened at the ranch, further implying that it was destroyed.
The ranch is mentioned by Lee in a dream, where he talks about a "mess" that happened there.
This ranch appears in a flashback that shows how AJ rescued by Clementine. The ranch was attacked by an unknown raiders group shortly before Clementine got there. The remaining guards are hostile to Clementine, due to them believing she is with the group.
- Alvin Jr. - A kid who is taken by the New Frontier. Later rescued by Clementine.
- Numerous unnamed people
- Rodney - Shot in the neck, later in the head (Determinant) by Clementine.
- Lloyd - Died due to serious burn scars, later shot (Determinant) in the head by Clementine to end his suffering.
- Eddie - Shot in the head by Clementine.
- Helen - Shot in the cheek by Clementine.
- A horse - Shot by Rodney.
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies and a few unnamed raiders
- "Done Running" (Mentioned)
- "Suffer The Children" (Mentioned, Dream)
- "Broken Toys" (Mentioned, Dream)
- "Take Us Back" (Flashback)
- It is possible that the McCarroll Ranch was destroyed by the Delta, since both Helen and Eddie seem to think that Clementine (who they believe is part of the attacking group) wants to kidnap AJ. This would support the theory that the group the Delta are at war with is, in fact, the New Frontier. Abel also mentions that one of the communities the Delta was fighting is in Richmond.