|This article is about Carol's actress. You may be looking for the Fear character, the Novel Series character, the unseen Social Game character, Clementine's voice actress, Karen's actress, or the zombie extra.|
Melissa McBride began acting in film and on television during the early 1990s. She made her debut on television in 1993 on an episode of ABC legal drama Matlock and in later years appeared in several TV movies.
She worked as a film and commercial casting director in Atlanta, Georgia from 2000 to 2010.
- The Mist
- Pirates of Silicon Valley
- The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys
- Mutant Species
- Close to Danger
- Any Place But Home
- Living Proof
- The Reconstruction of William Zero
- The Happys
- Satellite Awards in 2012 for Best Cast on The Walking Dead (TV Series)
- Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress on Television. (2014 and 2015)
- (Nominated) Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.
- She is among the several cast members who starred in Frank Darabont's The Mist, along with Laurie Holden, Jeffrey DeMunn, Juan Gabriel Pareja, Tiffany Morgan and Sam Witwer.
- She is the only Main Cast member not to audition for the role of her character. Frank Darabont's agency had simply called her in the casting director's office, having worked with her before in The Mist, and she agreed to play the role, but believed it would be a short term gig.
- Her character was supposed to be killed off in Season 3, but she, as well as some of her co-stars, talked the producers out of it.
- Before going into acting, she wanted to be a fashion designer.