- "I am thinking of the kids, Cal. Best thing for us, is the best thing for them."
- —Meredith to Calvin, regarding their stay in Woodbury.[src]
Meredith Dupree (née unknown), also called Mer, is a main character first encountered in The Walking Dead: The Fall of the Governor.
Little is known about Meredith's life prior to or as the outbreak began, except that she had a husband, Calvin, two sons named Lucas and Thomas and a daughter named Bethany. Sometime during her childhood or young adulthood, she was diagnozied with some sort of mental illness that requires to take a special type of medicine.
Meredith suffered bipolar disorder, and because of her mental disorder, her family was dispelled by two other groups before they arrived in Woodbury, Contradictory to her previous groups, Lilly decides to accept her family. Hap Abernathy was killed on a mission to search for her medicine. Meredith eventually would be grateful to Woodbury people, in order to not be a burden to her family and Woodbury people who accept her despite her disease. When Woodbury is attacked by a huge herds, Meredith bravely lures the walkers away from the town and blew herself up with several hundred walkers and saves Woodbury. At least for now, she is deeply mourned by Lilly and the others.
- Killed By
- Herself (Suicide, Sacrifice)
When Woodbury is attacked by a huge herds, Meredith lures the walkers away from Woodbury and blew herself up with several hundred walkers.
This list shows the victims Meredith has killed:
- Meredith is the second character in the Novel Series that sacrifices herself to a mega-herd in order to save the group, with the first being Austin Ballard and the third being Miles Littleton.
- She's the first person in the entire The Walking Dead franchise to suffer from Bipolar Disorder.