I'm relatively new to this wiki (i have my insights about the franchise as a whole for a while and liked the TellTale game. Just wasn't a part of this wiki). Before other topics, i'd like to ask about your Hurt & Heal game. If there will be a 6th season for your game, what's the most important thing i should keep in mind before i vote? And if i vote, should i have to name my reasons, or should i just give the vote?
I'm doing fine too. Figuring my place in the next couple of years, working on my stories (i'll tell you more if and when we'll know each other better) and thinking about things.
1. Good to know. Just tell me when it starts. Spoiler alert: I'm probably gonna heal Michonne every opportunity i'll get. IMO she's one of the best TWD characters, both in the TV show, the comics and her TellTale game version.
2. Do you have a favorite hero for each TellTale season? Characters who actively appeared in more than one season (Kenny, Jane, Clem, Omid and Christa) doesnt count. For the sake of this topic, heroes with corrupting qualities are still heroes.
3. Given "Game Of Throne" was like another season of TWD in John Snow and Sansa's plotline of season 8, i got an idea for a crossover of TWD and GOT. I call it "The Walking Thrones". The objective is to make up for the sour ending the good people gave to the series, and also doing a good story in TWD universe. If you're familiar enough with GOT, what's the most important thing you'd like to see? If you don't, how should i market the possible crossover to people who doesnt know any better?
1. Just voted. Healed Michonne and hurt The Governor. Personally, I don't like his forced redemption arc. Some villains can be redeemed and all, but there's no reason that someone who's supposed to be pure evil will be retconned into redemption from nowhere. If you're familiar with "13 Reasons Why", let's just say I feel like the good people treated The Governor as if he's Bryce and Monty.
2. Mine, by chronical order, are: Lee, Luke, Javier and Violet. The fact your favorite one-installment character in S1 is Ben is fortunate, because it means you're one of the people whos intuitive round included saving him in Crawford and taking him with you to save Clem. My intuitive and favorite choice too. I'm kinda upset with the players who killed him as their intuitive choice.
3. For me, the whole concept of "The Walking Thrones" is a fix fic:
As someone who's upset from the ending of a series he liked, I figured out the right thing to do would be fixing the ending. Seasons 7 and 8. Thanks for warning me though. But if I do take the good characters from the last quarter of GOT and adapt them to TWD world (the universe itself is TWD. Just fixing the characters and outcomes), I would like to hear your opinion about each possible fixed character:
Alice Trachtenberg (Daenerys Targaryen) - Unlike the canon Daenerys, Alice won't go berserk, but rather say the benevolent ruler she was supposed to be. Her father (Eugene Trachtenberg) was the mad leader of Drake settlement, and after allying herself with the man who killed her father, she decided to be the best leader her father never was. If she'll be killed, i'll make sure her death will make more sense and be actually sad vs WTF.
Aris Downey (Arya Stark) - The canon Arya annoyed me, and I just know that if she had half of Daenerys' resources, she would've done far worse. If any hero was supposed to lose it completely, it should've been her. Aris will be similar to a harsher version of Clem's Eviltine phase in S3. However, unlike Clem, Aris won't get back to her former self. She'll be more ruthless, more realistic than her GOT equivalent and get killed when she'll jump in front of a bullet to save another hero as a final act of heroism.
John Downey (John Snow) - The canon John Snow was great, but stabbing Daenerys in the heart and being her lover was too much. In my version, John will have an affair with Maggie/Michonne instead, and show genuine sorrow about the deaths of Aris and possibly Alice.
Brandon Downey (Bran Stark) - I just cant accept the nonsense that a cripple boy will be the messiah and new king of the 6 kingdoms. Sansa deserved it, but he didn't. In my version, he'll either die like Lee died or being as formidable as Carl in his comics version.
Euron Greyjoy - The same character. He's my favorite GOT villain, and one of the very few fictional characters who invoked my fridge horror insights. My problem with him as a character is that he didn't live up his full villainous potential. Complete psychopaths such as Euron (and Carver, for that matter) are supposed to bleach the sins of flawed heroes/lesser villains. He should've been the one who killed Daenerys, not John Snow. Now, my version of Euron will be just the same guy, plus killing Alice. If not Alice, then maybe Rick.
Jamie De Leon (Jaime Lannister) - While I came to respect his redemption, and while he did get what he deserved, I cant help but feeling he deserves a better ending. In my version, Jaime won't have the incest element, and Euron will have a harder time humiliating him. I'm open to other changes.
Shylock Downey (Sansa Stark) - Sansa evolved a lot as a character, but Ramsay and Baelish corrupted her to even greater degrees than Jane corrupted Clem. Unlike Sansa, Shylock will stay heroic despite being lethal and less vulnerable to people like Jane that Clem used to be. Plus, the presence of benevolent models will keep her away from losing her way too grievously vs just slowing down the process.
Sarah De Leon (Cersei Lannister) - Jaime's normal sister (in my version, the incest part is off the table), the leader of Chimera and Alice's mortal enemy. She'll form an alliance with Euron and try to manipulate the canon TWD heroes to attack Drake. I take the liberty to say that Drake and Chimera will have an interesting fight.
Travis De Leon (Tyrion Lannister) - I liked the little guy, and his Travis version will keep his witty edge, minus the dwarfism and the misconception that Sarah/Cersei is willing to put her ego on hold. Sarah will stay a psychopath, and Travis will understand it. He'll be similar to Javier in his good choices round.
Doron Trachtenberg (Drogon) - Alice's adopted son, the only survivor out of three siblings, and a better son than the canon Drogon. A real dragon would burn the man who killed his mother, not burning a throne and leave the killer to be. Doron will be smarter than that. If Euron will kill Alice, Doron would do what any normal survivor would do. He'll also be a little uneasy around Jaime and John.
Peter Baldwyn (Petyr Baelish) - Less smug than the original. He'll be similar to Jane, in a sense that he'll have a shred of dignity and caring toward his selected friends in his own fudged-up way. He wouldn't live babies in the cold just to set people apart from their close friends though. if he would, i'll make sure one of the survivors will kill him/leave him to be killed.
Again, the setting will be TWD. It's just that the new characters will be fixed. Is that better?
Im new to this wiki, and I have noticed that the comic/video game timeline page does not include alot of the important events. I also thought it was wierd that instead of an actual timeline, the page just states the wherabouts of each family/group. Am I able to change those sort of things?
Even though we're down to about 15, this tug-of-war with hurting and healing makes it seem likely we'll be doing this a while longer.
Would you be open to temporarily closing the contest on Thanksgiving Day (well, American Thanksgiving, I know yours was last month) so those who aren't celebrating don't have free reign while the rest of us are trying to not look at our screens? Thanks for reading, please consider the possibilty.
My bad for apparently causing some trouble. I just didn't see what was wrong with asking my friends (who have been on here before) if they wanted or could play. I don't cheat, and I've gone out of my way to bust people who did cheat on the Until Dawn wiki Hurt and Heal games. So being called a cheater for playing it with my friends irritated me. But I appreciate your chillness, good admin trait sir
Sorry to bother you with this, but I found a redirect I can't mark for deletion. The redirect is Season 8 for the main TV Series and it is protected so only admins can edit it. I suppose it could be used as a disamb page if Fear makes it that long, but I figure that is a moot point since there aren't any disambs for Seasons 6 & 7 yet.
You can send the user names to Special:Contact and they can verify.
Apparently due to my status here (not an admin) I couldn't get an answer. I tried. :p I mean it's just sus how they vote to heal and hurt same people, vote and are absent at the same time. Also have similar names.