- "Michael Turner was his name. We fought all over the world together. Pope brought him in after our last tour, when he started his company. (...) Michael was like me, you know? He didn't have a family. He was the little brother I never had. You know, the little brother I always wanted. And he's dead. You know, we lost a lot of people here, and it's been hard. But not like this. This is the first time I've lost someone close to me in a long time. Well... except for maybe you."
- —Leah to Daryl about Michael.[src]
Michael Turner is an antagonist and a survivor of the outbreak in AMC's The Walking Dead. He is a member of the Reapers. He served as one of the two primary antagonists of the episode "Hunted" (along with Bossie).
Michael joined the group that would eventually become the Reapers right after Pope founded his private military company. During his time with the group, Michael would develop a close relationship with Leah, as neither of them had real families. Leah came to view Michael as the little brother she never had.
During the beginning of the outbreak, as Operation Cobalt was put into action in an attempt to try and contain the undead threat, Pope and a group of his people managed to escape the bombings by running until they reached an abandoned church, where inside Pope was amazed to see none of them had been killed or injured, leading him to view him and his comrades as "the chosen ones". It is unknown if Michael was present during this revelation. Regardless, he eventually joined the Reapers, and either found or crafted his own mask with a large-toothed skeletal expression on it, and would use this mask as a scare tactic against those who were "marked" by Pope.
Michael is among the Reapers who ambushed Maggie's group on the road leading to Meridian. They killed Roy and severely injured Cole, prompting Maggie's group to scatter into the woods with Michael and the other Reapers going after them.
Michael and his fellow Reapers attack the members of Maggie's group, managing to kill Cole and injuring several others. Michael and Bossie proceed to stalk Maggie for miles, tracking her through the night to a mall where they eventually ambush her and Alden, who also sought refuge at the mall. While Michael initially overpowers Maggie and tries to kill her with Elijah's stolen kama, he is stabbed in the head by her with a broken bottle, followed by a swing to the back of the head with a crowbar by Negan. Bossie, who was attacking Alden, notices Michael severely injured after being struck in the back with a throwing knife by Maggie. Bossie throws a flash bang grenade, allowing him to rescue his wounded friend and flee undetected from the disoriented Maggie and Negan and incapacitated Alden.
Michael is brought back to Meridian by Bossie, who had carried him ten miles from the mall. However, Michael at some point had succumbed to his wounds, upsetting everyone, especially Leah, whom Michael was particularly close with. Leah and Brandon are brought to see Michael's body where Mancea is performing a prayer and chanting over Michael's body. Nearby, Bossie cries as he explains to Pope what happened. As the Reapers grieve over the loss of their friend, Pope declares that they must make Maggie's group feel his and God's wrath.
- Killed By
When Michael attacks Maggie, she manages to stab him with a broken bottle before Negan comes up behind him and bashes him over the head. He later dies of these injuries.
This list shows the victims Michael has killed:
- Teresa (Possibly)
- Elijah's Sister (Possibly)
- Roy (Possibly)
- Duncan (Possibly)
- Numerous counts of enemy combatants (Pre-Apocalypse)
- Possibly some unnamed contracted victims (Pre-Apocalypse)
- Possibly some unnamed Wardens
- Numerous counts of zombies and unnamed people
- While his death wasn't confirmed on screen until "Hunted", Talking Dead confirmed during its In Memoriam segment that Michael had died.
- While Michael was not named in the In Memoriam segment, he was referred to as the Creeper Reaper.