Mitchell Gunter, also known as Mitch, is an extra who portrayed a survivor living in Woodbury.
He has appeared in the following episodes:
- "Say the Word" - On guard duty at the gladiator fight.
- "Made to Suffer" - Receives orders from The Governor to find the "terrorists" and is later seen at the arena (with button down shirt over his blue cut-off) after Rick's group infiltrates the town.
- "The Suicide King" - One of the guards preventing townspeople from leaving Woodbury. He aims his gun at a driver who repeatedly honks their horn.
- "Home" - On guard duty at front gate.
- "Welcome to the Tombs" - Attacks prison and flees to eventually be killed by The Governor.
- Rick123Axel is responsible for this interview, conducted on September 29, 2013.
TWD Wiki: How did you get you role on The Walking Dead?
I work as an extra in the movies and TV shows filmed here in Atlanta, GA. Got lucky I guess. We all submitted through Extra Castings Atlanta and were told that the director hand picked us. I don't know how true that was... lol
TWD Wiki: Did you watch the show or read the graphic novels prior to your casting?
No.. Never did...
TWD Wiki: How is it like to work on the set?
It was a great set to work on.. a lot of good people .....
The assault on The Prison.
TWD Wiki: Did your character have a name or a backstory? If not did you make one up for yourself?
No it didn't have a name.. I never thought about making one up.. Wish I had now.. Why didn't you suggest that back then...lol...
TWD Wiki: Was there anymore to the scenes that didn't make it past post-production?
The season finale had a lot that was cut out.. All of us extras that worked on it were very disappointed.
Are you the one who does the Walking Dead Wikia..?
TWD Wiki: Not all of it but I do help.
Gunter as an extra in "Welcome to the Tombs"
WOW.. We are all impressed with it... All the core extras that is.
TWD Wiki: Thank you very much. Which scene/scenes were cut?
I guess it was more the scenes were shortened more so than cut all together.
TWD Wiki: Do you have any interesting or funny stories from your time on the set?
I'll have to think about that one.. I'll get back to you on that..
TWD Wiki: Are you currently working on any other projects?
Nothing at the moment, but Hunger Games 3 and Fast and Furious 7 starts filming next week I think... So I hope to work on that..
TWD Wiki: On the behalf of the Walking Dead Wiki, I want to say thank you. And best of luck to you in the future!
No no .... Thank you...