|This article is about the Video Game colony. You may be looking for the Monroe Family in the Comic Series and TV Series, or the Comic Series character.|
Monroe is a floating survivors' colony established in the Chesapeake Bay on the East Coast of the United States. It is the base for the Monroe Colonists, the main antagonistic force of Telltale Games' The Walking Dead: Michonne.
At some point after the outbreak, Monroe was established by Norma and her brother Randall. During Monroe's early days, Samantha Fairbanks was caught attempting to steal some supplies that had been left lying out, but was let go by Norma. Overtime, the colony grew in size as more survivors began to join.
Sometime during about a year before "In Too Deep," some of Monroe's residents, including Randall, staged an attack on a nearby survivor camp set up inside a wrecked ferry. The raid ended in the execution of all survivors on board, including children, and all valuable items they once had were looted.
Just before events events of "In Too Deep," Samantha attempted to steal supplies once more, successfully taking around two dufflebags worth from the community with the help of her younger brother Greg. The pair then coincidentally fled to the very same ferry that Monroe had massacred prior, in the hopes of losing their pursuers.
Michonne, Pete, Samantha, and Greg are captured by a group from Monroe, Randall brings them all back to the colony via boat. Whilst Sam and Michonne are locked away below deck, the other two are somewhere else. Sam and Michonne try to plan an escape. However, this ultimately fails. Michonne is interrogated and asked a number of questions; after a while Greg is brought out and asked the same questions, but responds differently, leading to growing suspicion from Randall and the colony's leader, Norma. Greg and Michonne are taken to Jonas's quarters, where Randall forces Jonas's boyfriend Zachary to interrogate the two as well as Samantha. Zachary shoots and kills Greg, and it is up to Michonne and Samantha to kill him after he reanimates.
After killing/sparing Zachary, Jonas re-enters to see Zachary. If Zachary was killed, Michonne and Samantha subdue him next to his boyfriend's corpse. If Zachary is spared, the two embrace and plan their own escape. Nonetheless, they part ways. Samantha and Michonne find Pete, amidst interrogation by Norma and Randall. Whilst their guard is down, Michonne attempts to free Pete, but Norma sees Michonne and threatens her. Samantha knocks down Norma, but Randall makes a run for a gun propped up against a wall. However, Sam and Michonne overcome both of them and leave with Pete.
The three soon take cover in a boat, where they choose a getaway vehicle - a boat. Pete attempts to leave the boat in order to talk with the Monroe group, and Michonne has the choice to stop him. Nonetheless, the group battle through Monroe survivors, using a flare gun to start a fire. The fire begins to spread out of control as Samantha, Michonne and Pete (Determinant) make their escape.
- Norma (Leader)
- Randall (Co-Leader, Second-in-Command, Scout)
- Jonas (Medic)
- Joe (Guard)
- Rich (Guard)
- Zachary (Guard)
- Gabby (Guard)
- Janey (Patroller, Guard)
- Cam (Guard)
- Mike (Guard)
- Many more unnamed inhabitants
- Greg - Shot in the stomach by Zachary. (Accidental, Alive) Put down by Michonne. (Zombified)
- Zachary - Shot in the head by Samantha. (Determinant)
- Joe - Strangled to death by Michonne. (Determinant)
- Numerous members of Monroe
- Monroe is one of seven communities in the video game, the others being Wellington, Prescott, Crawford, Howe's Hardware, Richmond, and Ericson's Boarding School.
- Monroe is one of three antagonist communities in the video game, the others being Crawford and Howe's.
- Monroe is the only community that regardless of players choice Clementine doesn't see.
- Monroe, along with Wellington, are the only two large communities featured in the Video Games to be largely destroyed without any involvement of the undead.