Little is known about Nick's life before or as the outbreak began. As a teenager, Nick went to high-school at Burke County, Georgia with his two friends Philip Blake and Bobby Marsh. He also hunted wild hogs with his father and Uncle Verne. At some point, he was an all-state second baseman, and loved drinking with friends.
For Nick's whereabouts during the outbreak:
- Main article: Nick Parsons (Novel Series)
- Killed By
Philip is so furious after Nick kills his brother that he kills Nick by shooting him in the head at point blank range. It is this altercation that ultimately leads to Philip's transformation from Philip Blake into Brian.
This list shows the victims Nick has killed:
- Tommy (Along with Philip Blake)
- Shorty (Along with Philip Blake)
- Sonny (Out of Mercy)
- Cher (Out of Mercy)
- Bridges' Daughter (Accidental)
- Brian Blake
- Several home invaders
- Numerous counts of zombies
- The Walking Dead: Road to Survival marks the first physical appearance of Nick, since his looks have been only described in the novel series.
- He is one of the characters seen physically somewhere else than the original media, along with Crystal, David, Gene, Trey, Jeremiah and Crawford, who wasn't seen alive but as a zombie in the original media.
- Out of them, Nick is the only one who does not appear in a story or a road map mission; he only appears briefly in a cut scene.
- Nick is the first victim of Philip Blake.