Travis sits dazed on the hotel cafe floor after killing Brandon and Derek. Hector and Elena haul Travis away and remove Oscar, who is unconscious after Travis attacked him to prevent him from interfering. Madison tries to defend Travis, but Elena points out that he killed two men and badly hurt Oscar.
Madison returns to the cafe and stabs Brandon and Derek through the head.
Madison tells Elena that they will leave with Travis in the morning and asks her to release Travis from captivity. Elena feels she owes Madison and allows it despite Hector's reluctance.
Madison enters the game room where Travis is locked up and tells him that she and Alicia will leave with him in the morning.
Andrés treats Oscar, who is still unconscious. Alicia offers to help. He tells her he must remove a piece of Oscar's skull to reduce swelling and orders her to leave.
Alejandro warns the townspeople that men are coming to kill them, but that their faith will protect them. "We will not die today," he declares.
Andrés drills into Oscar's head as Elena and Hector stand by.
That night, Madison joins Travis on the balcony of their hotel room and assures him that Brandon and Derek deserved their fate. She says that she too killed someone — Celia — in order to protect Nick.
Oscar dies on the operating table. Andrés slams his fist in anger. Hector seethes and rants to Elena that Travis is safe and sound upstairs. Elena reminds him that they made a deal with Madison.
Hector and Andrés barge into Travis' room and beat him. Andrés holds a gun to Travis' head. Alicia stabs Andrés, and a melee ensues. Strand grabs Andrés' gun and orders everyone out. "We need to run," he says.
Travis, Madison, and Alicia pile into a car outside the hotel. Strand gives the gun to Madison and stays behind. Travis accelerates and plows through the front gate.
Nick returns to La Colonia and goes to Alejandro in his trailer. Nick says he saw a medevac helicopter land in a camp near the border and urges Alejandro to give the villagers permission to flee. Nick says he and Luciana can lead the villagers north.
Madison, Travis, and Alicia go to El Pelícano to look for Nick. They discover the bodies of Francisco's family in the back of the empty market, bullet wounds through their heads. They find Francisco's driver's license with his La Colonia address.
Marco's gang finds the town deserted and celebrates their easy victory. Alejandro watches from a hiding spot then goes to the school bus in the yard. He starts the bus. Marco hears the bus and runs toward the yard.
Alejandro drives the bus forward, unblocking the fence gap and allowing the infected to flood into La Colonia. Marco's gang sees the herd walking toward them and runs.
Nick and Luciana lead the villagers toward the U.S. border.
Madison, Travis, and Alicia arrive in La Colonia. While Madison and Travis enters La Colonia to search for Nick, Alicia stays behind in the yard and notices the stalled school bus.
In the town square, Travis and Madison encounter a large herd of infected, which now includes Marco and his gangsters.
Madison and Travis find Alicia on the bus, tending to a dying Alejandro. Madison tells Alejandro she's looking for Nick. Alejandro informs Madison that Nick went to the border because he saw something, but dies before he can mention the camp.
Nick, Luciana, and the Colonists arrive at the border crossing. A plume of smoke rises in the distance. Through binoculars, Nick sees the medevac helicopter leaving a refugee camp. An armed survivor suddenly pops up from behind an abandoned vehicle and shoots Luciana, then the entire armed group emerges and open fire onto the Colonists. Nick and Luciana hide behind a booth but are captured by one of the attackers.
On the bus, Alicia hands Madison her Balisong. Madison closes Alejandro's eyes, turns his head to the side, and drives in the blade, preventing him from reanimating.
The armed men separate Nick and Luciana and shove them to the ground.
- María Antonieta Zapien Romero as Laura
- Denitza García as Ana
- Alfredo Herrera as Francisco
- Alfonso Jarquin as Ramiro
- Cuauhtli Jiménez as Reynaldo
- James Logan as Militiaman
- Katia López as Herrera Daughter
- Ryan McClurkin as Wedding Survivor
- Brandon Luke (Zombified)
- Oscar Diaz
- Andrés Diaz
- Marco Rodriguez (Alive)
- Antonio Reyes (Alive)
- Ramiro (Alive)
- Alejandro Nuñez
- At least 22 unnamed members of the Los Hermanos gang (Alive)
- At least 1 unnamed La Colonia resident
- At least 1 unnamed militiaman
- Last appearance of La Colonia.
- Last appearance of El Pelícano.
- Last appearance of Derek. (Corpse)
- Last appearance of Brandon Luke. (Zombified)
- Last appearance of Oscar Diaz.
- Last appearance of Andrés Diaz.
- With his death, there are no known surviving members of the Diaz family.
- Last appearance of Marco Rodriguez.
- Last appearance of Antonio Reyes.
- Last appearance of Ramiro.
- Last appearance of Reynaldo.
- Last appearance of Alejandro Nuñez.
- Last appearance of Francisco. (Corpse)
- Last appearance of Ana. (Corpse)
- Last appearance of Laura. (Corpse)
- This episode aired alongside "Wrath".
- The title is a reference to the La Colonia residents' journey north to the border, to where Nick saw the helicopter landing.
- Approximately 60 background extras made up the zombie horde in La Colonia, but with digital enhancements, they were able to triple that number to create a larger horde.
- As of this episode, Lorenzo Henrie (Chris Manawa) has been removed from the opening credits.
- This episode marks the first time Alicia has killed a living human being.
- Two songs which were used in this episode are “The Desperate Kingdom Of Love” by PJ Harvey and “Goodnight” by Mirel Wagner.
- The scene where the La Colonia refugees crossed the border was filmed at a real border crossing in Tijuana that is no longer in use. The show was granted special permission by the Mexican government to fire guns at this location.
- In Talking Dead, Robert Kirkman explained the reason the writers separated Strand from Madison's family is because they have "big plans" for him in the next season.
- The scenes just after Travis, Madison and Alicia leave the hotel show a full moon setting on the Pacific. A full moon setting in the west would only happen within the last hour or so of night. Yet, they eventually arrive at the supermarket in full dark some time later. Also, in one scene as they're driving north along the coast, the setting full moon is ahead of them, just west of north. In Baja, the moon would be much more to their left, toward the west.
- While Madison and Travis are in La Colonia, Madison is holding the pistol they took from the hotel in her hand and is even seen pulling it out after they go through the outer wall. However, Travis picks up a gun from the ground and hands it to her and the original pistol disappears. In the shot as Travis gives her the gun, the original gun is still visible in her hand but is gone immediately afterwards.