Ohio is a state in the United States of America.
Ohio was originally a part of the Northwest Territories before becoming a state. It became a state on March 1, 1803, becoming the 17th state. The state was home to many cities, such as Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, and Toledo. Seven presidents were born in Ohio, them being Ulysses S. Grant, Rutherford B. Hayes, James Garfield, Benjamin Harrison, William McKinley, William Taft, and Warren Harding. Many other famous people were born in Ohio, including inventor Thomas Edison and astronauts Neil Armstrong and John Glenn.
Deanna Monroe was an Ohio congresswoman before the apocalypse.
Not a lot is known about Ohio during the outbreak. It can be assumed that it followed the example of California, with state and local police being among the first responders, with these first responders being joined by military units if and when a state of emergency was declared. Sometime after the outbreak either the original residents or other survivors created communities such as Wellington and the Commonwealth. Wellington eventually fell after it was attacked by a group of scavengers.
- Kenny (Determinant) - Shot in the abdomen or head by Clementine at the Woodchuck Rest Area.
- Jane (Determinant) - Stabbed in the chest by Kenny at the Woodchuck Rest Area.
- Edith - Shot in the head by a raider in Wellington (Determinant)
- Wellington Woman (Determinant)
- Numerous counts of Wellington members (Determinant)
- Wellington, Ohio
- Greenville, Ohio
- Lorain County, Ohio
- The Commonwealth
- Lake Erie
- Train Yard
- Interstate 75
- State Route 18
- State Route 58
- 6th Street
- Matt's Bakery
- The Whitmore
- Event Arena
- Wall of the Lost
- Rick Grimes' Statue
- Woodchuck Rest Area
- Grimes Family Farm - Possibly Located Here
- Paul & Aaron's Farm - Possibly Located Here
- S.S. Stewarts Fitzgerald - Possibly between this state and West Virginia