Ohio is a state in the United States of America.
Ohio was originally a part of the Northwest Territories before becoming a state. It became a state on March 1, 1803, becoming the 17th state. The state was home to many cities, such as Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, and Toledo. Seven presidents were born in Ohio, them being Ulysses S. Grant, Rutherford B. Hayes, James Garfield, Benjamin Harrison, William McKinley, William Taft, and Warren Harding. Many other famous people were born in Ohio, including inventor Thomas Edison and astronauts Neil Armstrong and John Glenn.
Not a lot is known about Ohio during the outbreak. It can be assumed that it followed the example of California, with state and local police being among the first responders, with these first responders being joined by military units if and when a state of emergency was declared. Sometime after the outbreak either the original residents or other survivors created communities such as Wellington and The Commonwealth. Wellington eventually fell after it was attacked by a group of scavengers.
- Anthony Keith - Beaten to death by soldiers of the Commonwealth.
- Dwight - Shot in the back of the head by Rick Grimes.
- Rick Grimes - Shot four times in the chest in his bed while trying to sleep by Sebastian Milton in his room (Alive) Shot in the head by Carl Grimes (Zombified)
- Edith - Shot in the back of the head by an unnamed scavenger within Wellington (Determinant)
- Wellington Girl - Shot by an unknown scavenger within Wellington (Determinant)
- Multiple Wellington members - Shot by unknown scavengers within Wellington (Determinant)