- "You can eat or you can eat right. All it'll cost you is a little patience."
- —Omar to Clementine and AJ.[src]
Nothing is known about Omar's life prior to or as the outbreak began. He may have been a student at the school. He may have had an interest in cooking back then, which could explain his role as the cook.
In the early days of the outbreak the teachers left Omar along with everyone else to fend for themselves. Marlon along with Brody took it upon themselves to keep the student safe. Omar took up the position of cooking for the group.
He is seen in the school yard, with Louis, preparing dinner for the school. Clementine and AJ can speak to them, and Omar says that the dinner is not ready yet. If they are spoken to four times, Omar will say that just because AJ is cute, doesn't mean to say that dinner will be ready any quicker. Later in the episode, he is seen when Clem confronts Marlon about the trade. When Clem appeals to Louis or Violet, he can be seen ganging up on Marlon with the rest of the school. He is shocked and horrified when AJ kills Marlon.
Omar is first seen in flashbacks that take place directly after Marlon's death. He is clearly shocked at AJ's actions, though he does not retaliate.
He is seen throughout the episode mostly preparing for the upcoming Delta raid alongside the rest of the group. After Clementine spots members of Delta creeping around the school, he is brought together along with the other members of the group and given orders by Clementine. Moments later, he is suddenly shot in his left leg by Dorian, a member of Delta, sending the group into a frenzy and beginning the raid. He is immediately dragged behind cover by Clementine, where he asks her to leave him and focus on the raiders.
Towards the end of the raid, it can be seen that he was kidnapped by Delta off screen alongside Aasim. Louis or Violet (Determinant) will also be captured.
Omar will appear in this episode
This list shows the victims Omar has killed:
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies.
- "I'll be alright alright! Just go! You don't have much time! GO!"
- —Omar to Clementine after she dragged him to safety.[src]
When she comes back to the school with a wounded AJ, he is surprised but also showes concern for them.
After they spend two weeks together, their relationship slowly repairs, but it's still possible that it will never be the same. When Omar gets shot in the leg during the Delta's attack, Clementine draggs him to safety showing that she cares for him. Omar will then yell at her to let him lie there so she can deal with the raiders, after she saved him. When he got kidnapped by the Delta alongside Aasim and Louis /Violet (Determinant) Clementine becomes determinant to find them.
- "Please... stop."
- —Omar to Louis while preparing dinner.[src]
- "Just because the kid is adorable, it doesn't mean dinner will be ready quicker."
- —Omar to Clementine about AJ. (Determinant)[src]
- "Yeah, but Marlon--"
- —Omar to Violet when Clementine and AJ appear on the funeral.[src]
Omar's relationship with Brody is unclear as the two never interact directly but it can be assumed they had a generaly neutral or positive relationship. Omar was devastated when he found out she was killed by Marlon and later mourned her at the funeral, showing that he cared for her.
- Omar is one of two characters voiced by Keith Silverstein, the other being Yonatan.
- Omar is described as a perfectionist by Louis, and apparently becomes grumpy for about a week if an ingredient is out of place in his dishes.
- You can speak to him four times. On the fourth time he will say that just because AJ is cute, doesn't mean dinner will be ready quicker. He also says that staring at it won't make it go any quicker either.