Overkill's The Walking Dead is a video game that takes place within Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead comic series' universe, developed by Overkill Software, the same company that produced the Payday series. It was announced on August 13, 2014, and was slated for a 2016 release. However, the game has undergone several delays and eventually the game was rescheduled for November 6, 2018. The game was officially discontinued following Skybound's dissatisfaction with the game's commercial performance, and the PS4 and Xbox One's versions consequently cancelled.
"In 2018 Washington will fall – what will you do?" 
Overkill's The Walking Dead is a co-op first person shooter with elements of action, role-playing, survival horror and stealth, that invites players to explore the hugely popular The Walking Dead universe, where they play the role of survivors fending for themselves in a post-apocalyptic world dominated by flesh-eating walkers. There is also cooperative play.
|1.||"The First Shot"||TBA||November 6th, 2018 (PC)|
|2.||"Hell Or High Water"||TBA||November 6th, 2018 (PC)|
|3.||"Worse Than Walkers"||TBA||November 6th, 2018 (PC)|
|4.||"Listening In"||TBA||November 6th, 2018 (PC)|
|5.||"Open Season"||TBA||November 6th, 2018 (PC)|
|6.||"Home Sweet Home"||TBA||November 6th, 2018 (PC)|
|7.||"Last Stop"||TBA||November 6th, 2018 (PC)|
|8.||"Doctor's Orders"||TBA||November 6th, 2018 (PC)|
|9.||"At The Gates"||TBA||November 6th, 2018 (PC)|
|10.||"Join Or Die"||TBA||November 6th, 2018 (PC)|
|1.||"No Sanctuary"||TBA||November 29th, 2018 (PC)|
|2.||"On The Run"||TBA||December 20th, 2018 (PC)|
|3.||"Enemy Of My Enemy"||TBA||January 31st, 2019 (PC)|
|5.||"Best Served Cold"||TBA||Cancelled|
|6.||"Tightening The Noose"||TBA||Cancelled|
|7.||"Sixty Feet Under"||TBA||Cancelled|
|8.||"Search And Rescue"||TBA||Cancelled|
|9.||"We The People"||TBA||Cancelled|
- Main article: Title Screens (Video Game)
For a complete list of characters please see Overkill's The Walking Dead Characters.
- Warren Burke as Aidan Hunt
- Kari Wahlgren as Heather Campbell
- William Hope as Grant Moore
- Stephanie Sheh as Maya Evans
- Helen Sadler as Reina
- Renee Faia as Sarah Bridger
- Gideon Emery as Anderson Banks
- Richard Brake as Hurst
- Duane Shepard as Caleb Bernard
- Philece Sampler as Annelie Astrom
- Crispin Freeman as The Wanderer
- The Georgetown Sniper (Confirmed Fate)
- Saul (Confirmed Fate)
- Heather Campbell
- Gary (Confirmed Fate)
- Several unnamed members of Anderson Camp (Off-Screen)
- Several unnamed members of the Family
- Several unnamed members of the Brigade
- The game was officially confirmed to be cancelled in the Letter Hacks of Issue 191.
- In a recent stream with the developers it was hinted that there was going to be encounters with some characters from the Comic and Road to Survival series through the game, and possibly from the Telltale Games.
- "The Wanderer" is one of these characters.
- Overkill revealed the game takes place around Issue 26.
- However, after Skybound cancelled the game and terminated their contract with Starbreeze and Overkill, it's assumed the game is no longer canon to the comic universe.
- The Overkill's The Walking Dead artbook reveals, one of the missing posters seen throughout the game levels is a picture of Walter White from Breaking Bad.
- This game features a special kind of zombie called "bloaters", bloated zombies that explode after dying or by getting close to them.
- This makes Overkill's The Walking Dead the only media in The Walking Dead franchise to feature a special zombie.
- Game announced on Steam
- 2016 release confirmed
- Plot details
- Last updates
- Washington D.C.
Walking Dead Video Games
|The Walking Dead Comic Series • The Walking Dead TV Series|
|Consoles||Video Game • Survival Instinct|
|Social and Online||Social Game • Dead Reckoning • Atlanta Run • Chop Shop|
|Apps||Dead Yourself • Left Behind • Assault • Pinball • ZombiECards • No Man's Land • Road to Survival|
|Other||Deluxe TV Games|