|This article is about the TV Series character. You may be looking for the actor, the voice actor, or the Wolf.|
Nothing is known about Owen's life before or as the outbreak began, except that he had a mother.
As Andrea and The Governor talk about jobs in town, Owen can be seen playing with a younger boy in the streets.
Owen is seen in the street with Ms. McLeod and other residents who were not a part of the Woodbury army. The next morning, Owen is one of the Woodbury refugees who was brought to the prison and admitted entrance into the community.
Owen is seen listening to Carol during storytime as he sits with the other children in the library.
Owen was sleeping in Cell Block D when one of the zombified residents infected and killed him. He was later put down and could be seen covered with a blanket as his mother cried over his corpse. While Rick informs Carl, Michonne and Maggie of what happened, his mother walks past them, weeping and carrying the bloodied blanket that covered him.
- Killed By
- Patrick (Caused, Alive, Infected)
One night in the prison, Patrick died from the flu, reanimated, and began to wreak havoc in Cell Block D.
- Zombies (Alive)
Owen was attacked and killed by the reanimated prison residents in the morning.
- Daryl Dixon (Zombified)
Using an arrow from his crossbow, Daryl put Owen's body to rest in front of Owen's sobbing mother.
- Owen is named after the actor who portrays him, Owen Ridings.
- In the Making Of video for "Infected" on the AMC website, Owen Ridings can be seen running down the stairs as he escapes the cell block, but this scene was changed as he played the role of the dead child.
- While his death was never clearly seen on-screen, his death was confirmed by the actor.
- Owen was supposed to appear outside working in a garden with his mother, but the scene was cut.