The police watch the television news at the police station. The woman reports that Mercy Hospital's emergency room is full. Gary's daughter, Patty, walks into the police station with a suspicious bloody wound and explains that (Determinant) her boyfriend Paul had a fever all day and when he woke up, he was violently crazy. Patty reveals that she and Shane once dated. Shane has Patty take a seat in the other room to rest and wait to see her father or tells her to get out of here.
- You discovered Paul had strange symptoms: he'd been injured and was feverish. He was incoherent and smelled bad. He violently attacked and injured Patty. (If Shane totally interrogates Patty about Paul's death)
- You discovered Paul's strange symptoms: he'd been injured and was feverish. He attacked Patty, was incoherent, ank reeked. Not pretty. But it seems like you might've overlooked one last important thing... (If Shane partially interrogates Patty about Paul's death)
- You missed something important... (If Shane doesn't interrogate Patty)
- First appearance of Patricia Taylor. (Alive)
- First (and last) appearance of the reporter woman.