|This article is about the Woodbury soldier. You may be looking for the Hilltop resident in the Comic Series, TV Series, Video Game, Road to Survival or No Man's Land, the Webisodes character, the Alexandria Safe-Zone resident, the Savior, the Here's Negan character, the Fear character, the New Frontier doctor, the Social Game character, the Dead Reckoning character, the author, the producer, or the actor.|
- "We're done fighting for a hole with a half dozen psychopaths living in it, they can keep it."
- —Paul objecting to returning to assault the prison a second time.[src]
Nothing is known about Paul's life prior to or as the outbreak began.
Paul is first seen the day after the Dixon brother arena fight. He is one of the rioting townspeople, armed with a tire iron and asks Shumpert and Martinez if they are allowed to leave Woodbury. A few minutes later, he says something to Andrea, but screaming is heard near the other wall. The wall had been breached and walkers had wandered into Woodbury. Paul witnessed Richard Foster receiving bites, and later watched as The Governor killed Richard, out of mercy and annoyance, because of Richard's cries of agony. When Andrea gave her speech about why everyone should stay in the town and rebuild, Paul agreed with her, but otherwise looked unimpressed.
Paul is seen invading the prison and firing on walkers. He is also seen making a retreat once Glenn and Maggie opened fire. Afterwards, he is one of the first to object to what just happened, he attempts to walk away from The Governor resulting in him being the first to die when The Governor opens fire on his own people, being shot in his shoulder.
Paul's corpse appears in a brief flashback after he was killed with the other Woodbury residents by The Governor.
- Killed By
After the failed ambush at the prison, Paul argues that it is not right to go back there. As he turns back, he is shot in the back by the Governor.
This list shows the victims Paul has killed:
- Numerous counts of zombies
- "Live Bait" (Flashback, Corpse)
- Originally, Paul was not a character being cast for. However, the producers were impressed with E. Roger Mitchell's performance that the character Paul was created for him, after he did not get the role of "Citizen" that he originally auditioned for.