- "I didn't see... I didn't see the man... the man... the man at all... at all... at all. I saw upon the stair he wasn't there there again today. Oh, how I wish he stayed away. When I came home tonight at 3:00... Today, I didn't see the man at all. I saw... I wish he stayed away. Today, when I looked around the hall, I couldn't see him there at all. I saw, when I went up the stair, a little man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he stayed away. When I came home tonight at 3:00, the man was waiting there for me."
- —Phil reciting a poem which are his last words.[src]
Nothing is known about Phil's life before the apocalypse other than he helped to build the Broke Jaw Ranch community.
Phil is discovered by Madison, Troy and a few other men. He is tied up to a chair and recites the poem Antigonish (repeating the same lines over and over) as a crow eats bits of his brain. Madison uses Troy's knife to put him down.
Phil's body is finally buried by Troy after he seeks refuge at his outpost.
- Killed By
- Qaletaqa Walker (Caused)
Following an attack on his outpost by Qaletaqa Walker and his men, Phil is tied to a chair on Qaletaqa's orders and then has his head scalped in order for him to die a slow, painful death by being eaten by crows.
- Madison Clark (Out of Mercy)
After discovering the massacre at the outpost and Phil tied to a chair, Madison puts him down by stabbing him in the brain.
This list shows the victims Phil has killed:
- Qaletaqa Walker's Uncle (Alongside Jeremiah, Vernon, and Russell, Pre-Apocalypse)
- 2 unnamed Black Hat Reservation residents
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies and unnamed people
- According to Troy Otto, he has a penchant for using weapons in .22 (5.56mm) caliber.