Requests for Adminship (RfA) is the process by which the community decides who will become administrators (also known as admins or sysops), who are users with access to additional technical features that aid in maintenance. A user either submits his/her own request for adminship (a self-nomination) or is nominated by another user. See the Requests for Adminship Archive page if you are looking for all past applications.
Before submitting a request for adminship, users must meet a list of requirements. The requirements are listed below:
- The user must have completed at least 1,000 or more edits at the time of their submission.
- The user must have been an accounted member of the wikia for at least seven months* at the time of their submission.
- In addition, no user may submit a request if another admin request is still being voted upon. This allows the community to focus and devote their full attention to a single request before moving on to another.
If a user submits a request without matching one of these requirements, their submission will be removed immediately. They can re-submit their request at a later date, with an existing admin's permission.
1. *This time period was decided upon so that the user has had experience on the wikia during various times of the year, including during the airing of AMC's The Walking Dead, when the community tends to be busiest.
1. A user submits his request for adminship or is nominated by another user. Submit your request by leaving a message detailing why you feel you are qualified for the position and why you would be an asset to the community. Follow your message with your signature.
2. Users in the community will have a two-week period to support, oppose, or remain neutral to a user's request. IPs, or users without accounts are not allowed to vote.
3. When the two-week period is up, the page will be locked so that no new votes can be made. If the request has at least 8 supportive votes* and more supportive votes than opposing votes, it is qualified for admin voting. If not, the request is denied.
4. If the request is qualified, the admins will have one week to vote. They will submit their votes anonymously amongst themselves. The request needs a simple majority of the voting admins** to be approved.
5. If the majority of the voting admins decide to approve a request, a bureaucrat will grant the user adminship.
- 1. *Admins are allowed to vote in the preliminary voting if they decide to, but they are not required to.
- 2. **At least two-thirds of the admins need to cast votes during admin voting.
How to vote
To vote, simply place one of the four voting templates below the request, along with any existing votes. The voting templates to choose from are "Support", "Oppose", "Neutral", and "Comment". After placing the template, explain why you cast that specific vote. Provide valid reasoning; don't support a user simply because they are your friend or oppose a user because you don't like them. Provide solid and clear reasoning. Keep in mind that you are not only voting on the request, but also trying to persuade the admins to support or oppose the submission. Follow your reasoning with your signature.
The admin team is looking for a new admin. If you are interested and think you would be a good admin, or know of someone who would be a good admin, please submit your nomination below with a brief explanation why. Please consider quality of edits, how long they've been around, behavior on talk pages/forums/edit summaries, and overall demeanor. Thanks!
I joined in 2016, but for around the last 2 years, I've done my best to contribute to the wiki as best I can. Since then I've helped out with numerous format changes and have tried my best to assist anyone I can regarding how to properly format a page, or if a certain edit would be okay. I've also done my best to help out if a troll/vandal was messing with the pages. I do admit that while I've made plenty of mistakes with editing in the past 2 years, I've also done my best to learn from them and become both a better editor and janitor. Whether or not I become an admin, I'll still be here to help out because I have truly enjoyed the time I've spent here. Domitron3 (talk)
- Support Dom has been an extremely useful user for the Wiki these past few years. He's helped clean up many pages due to trolls or false edits. His full potential would definitely be shown if he had admin. Gerald-XR-Donovan.
- Support Dom as an admin? Yes please! He has done a marvelous job as a janitor, so I really think he would make a great admin as well. --BBB (talk) 07:38, May 30, 2020 (UTC)
- Support Got my vote, you are an amazing user, very kind and sweet, you know soo much about this community, you have helped me a lot when I have a question about a video game page or comic book character page, best of luck, you deserve this position Natalie j (talk)
- Support Dom has been a very good janitor and has always been level-headed and polite. Got my support! :) DalesRV (talk) 08:52, May 30, 2020 (UTC)
- Support 100%. Dom is a very reliable and dedicated user. Would be a great addition to the team. --Devinthe66 (talk) 20:47, May 30, 2020 (UTC)
- Support I Naruto support dom. He wins. We all win. Naruto Uzumaki (talk) 20:55, May 30, 2020 (UTC)
- Support Domitron3 absolutely has my vote for an admin. They have done amazing work over the past couple of years on this wiki. One great thing about Dom that I look for in an admin is their transparency. I see Dom in constant communication with the admins and other Janitors about updates and making great game plans for upcoming edits and edit clean ups. Domitron3 should do a fantastic job as an admin! XLRAshon
- Support would be a great admin candidate —Mistertrouble189 (talk) 15:53, May 31, 2020 (UTC)
-  Support he's doing a great job as a janitor, he would be a great admin too! Elfrax (talk) 09:24, June 3, 2020 (UTC)
Hello everyone! Many of you may already be familiar with my work on the wiki, but allow me to recap. I joined the wiki in 2018, and have accumulated over 16 000 edits in these past two years. The first major edits I've done were the plot summaries of the comic issues, and from then on I've done my best to expand and organize the wiki. In 2019, I was promoted to the position of Janitor, for which I am very grateful for. I have, therefore, decided to toss my hat in the ring for the position of administrator, since I want to do even more to help grow the site. If any of you feel that I'm up to the task, please leave your support below. I'd very much appreciate it. If not, that's okay too. I will be no less diligent if I remain a janitor. Thank you for your consideration! :) - DalesRV (talk)
- Support DalesRV Absolutely deserves to be an admin had had my vote 100%! I may not be the most active member on this wiki but I specifically remember back in 2018 when Dale was brand new to this wiki. And we were talking on a thread or forum about edits and I remember Dale saying he joined this wiki because there were plot summaries on the newer issues that weren't edited very well, or needed more details. Dale immediately found their niche in this wiki and took off from there! Making them a Janitor was a very smart move and Dale's contributions only skyrocketed from there! In conclusion DalesRV has more than proven themselves to be deserving of an Admin here and take this wiki to new heights! -XLRAshon
- Support 100%. DalesRV is a very reliable and dedicated user. Would be a great addition to the team. --Devinthe66 (talk) 20:47, May 30, 2020 (UTC)
- Support Absolutely! Like Dom, DalesRV is experienced and has tons of edits. You've got my vote! --BBB (talk) 21:20, May 30, 2020 (UTC)
- Support Since Dales has become a janitor, I have been impressed with the amount of work and dedication they've shown in the past year. Definitely believe they can make a great admin. - Domitron3 (talk)
- Support Very good editor. Has proven over the years that he's deserved this. I say he should get it. Gerald-XR-Donovan