|This article is about the TV Series character. You may be looking for his Comic Series counterpart, the police officer, or the national guardsman.|
Nothing is known about Richards' life prior to or as the outbreak began. It is possible he lived in or near Alexandria before the apocalypse.
Richards is seen on the wall performing guard duty as Deanna Monroe and Maggie Rhee are seen digging, presumably working on an aspect of the town's expansion. Moments later, a Molotov cocktail is thrown at him by a member of the Wolves. He falls off the wall and is seen burning to death, while another wolf is seen climbing up it. Later, his charred body reanimates and is stabbed through the head by Maggie. Maggie comments by saying, "We're still here", to which Deanna replies, "Not all of us."
- Killed By
- Aaron (Indirectly Caused)
Aaron left his backpack at Del Arno Foods, which causes the Wolves to attack Alexandria.
- The Wolves (Alive)
As the Wolves begin their attack, they throw fire bombs at the walls. One of the bombs hits Richards and explodes, setting him ablaze. He falls to the ground and burns to death.
- Maggie Rhee (Zombified)
After the attack ends, Maggie finds a burned and zombified Richards, and stabs him in the head.
This list shows the victims Richards has killed:
- Numerous counts of zombies
- Richards was portrayed by Darian Fisher while Dalton Louis Simons portrayed the charred, reanimated Richards.
- A second actor was used to portray the charred, reanimated Richards due to time constraints in filming Fisher's scenes and then getting him ready in full makeup and prosthetics for the latter scene.
- Not all of the scenes involving Richards made it into the final episode including when he was standing at the top of the wall, listening to the Wolves attack Alexandria and having Molotov cocktails thrown at him.