|This article is about Novel Series character. You may be looking for his appearance in the Comic Series. For other pages with the same name, see: Rick|
Rick Grimes is a comic-adapted character and an antagonist first encountered in The Walking Dead: The Fall of the Governor. He is the husband of Lori, father of Carl and adopted father of Judith. He is the leader of the prison group.
Main Article: Rick Grimes (Comic Series)
Rick is held in the infirmary and is taken care of by Alice Warren and Dr. Stevens. Later, the defecting Caesar Martinez helps him by take down the two stationed guards, Denny and Lou outside and escaped with him, Glenn, Michonne, Alice, and Stevens (the latter dying from unknown circumstances swiftly after leaving Woodbury).
Rick isn't seen again after this until the prison assault, however the prison survivors land two assaults on Woodbury, first on the National Guard Station and then on the Walmart, both of which Rick may have been apart of.
During the Governor's first attack on the prison, Rick is seen among the chaos behind the fence trying to get everyone down and safe. He tackles a girl and is almost shot by Lilly Caul however she hesitates and he survives the assault; however with a gunshot wound to his stomach which Lilly doesn't believe he'll survive.
During the Governor's final attack on the prison, Rick is alive and among the few remaining survivors fleeing the prison, along with his son, wife and infant daughter. The latter two are killed in front of him by Lilly and he narrowly escapes the prison with his son to live another day.
For the rest of the events of the Novel Series, Rick's whereabouts remain unknown, until his story picks back up in the Comic Series. For further details see:
- Main article: Rick Grimes (Comic Series)
This list shows the victims Rick has killed:
- Caesar Martínez (Alive, Assumed, Alongside his fellow survivors)
- Numerous counts of zombies and possibly unnamed people
- Rick is one of the many amputee victims.
- Robert Kirkman has expressed annoyance that Rick lost his hand so early on and has said it has caused great difficulty in writing for the character in the issues that followed.
- In the Walking Dead spin-off "The Walking Dead: The Alien", it is mentioned Rick went by the name Richie.
- This is the first (and only) incarnation of Rick to be an antagonist.