Roman's Group is a group of survivors in Telltale Games' The Walking Dead: 400 Days and Season Two. They serve as the primary antagonists of Bonnie's Story and the secondary antagonistic group in "All That Remains".
- 1 Post-Apocalypse
- 2 Members
- 3 Killed Victims
- 4 Deaths
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Trivia
- 7 References
An unknown person steals medical supplies from Roman's group. Roman, Clive, and Stephanie give chase, searching the cornfield with flashlights in an attempt to find the suspect. Roman can be heard shouting to Stephanie throughout their search to see if she found anything yet, and cursing about being unable to find the thief.
The group resides at Gil's Pitstop. In the diner, they watch Becca give a guitar performance and then proceed to work. Roman feeds a walker chained to a pole outside, telling Shel that at least they can be "put to good use", as they would react to human intruders.
Later, Roman has a man blindfolded whom Clive claims they caught stealing supplies. Stephanie and Boyd try to vouch for him, stating that they can find a way for him to be useful. Clive and Joyce disagree with them, saying that they don't need any new additions to the group. Shel, being the only one without any input, is pushed by Roman to decide the intruders fate. If Shel decides to let the man go, Roman tells him that if he ever returns he'll wish he died that day. If Shel decides to kill the man, Roman is the one to shoot him but says that if something similar were to happen again, Shel or Boyd will have to handle it. If Shel abstains, Roman makes the decision based on his previous conversation with Shel about the walkers.
23 days later, Roman catches Stephanie trying to escape with some of their supplies. Feeling betrayed, he locks her in a trailer. Roman then goes to inform Shel, and says that they have to kill her with the rule being that anybody who knows of their location can't leave, out of fear that such a person will tell someone willing to hurt them of their location.
Roman tells Shel that she has to take care of the situation - if Shel agreed to keep the previous intruder alive, Roman states that Shel's decision was wrong and it cost Boyd's life, and now she has to pay for it. If Shel decided to let Roman kill the intruder, Roman reminds Shel of the agreement that was made. Though many attempts at trying to convince him to keep Stephanie alive, Roman still disagrees.
Roman lets Shel explain the situation to Becca beforehand. If Shel decides to take off in the RV with Becca, Roman is last seen shouting for them to come back. If Shel decides to go through with the execution, Roman apologizes for it having to be this way and then escorts Shel to the van.
Sometime later, Shel and Becca end up joining a new group of survivors consisting of Vince, Russell, Bonnie, and Wyatt. Though the rest of Roman's Group's fate is unknown, when Tavia shows up to their campsite to offer them a place in her community, Becca states that Roman could possibly be there, but Tavia says that even if he was still searching for them there is nothing he could do to them there. Wyatt responds by saying that there's no way he could still be looking for them, and that there was no one left at Gil's Pitstop, with Russell also saying that they don't need to worry about Roman.
It is assumed Roman either got separated from his group or the they all died and he joined a new group in the woods, as the rest of the cancer patients aren't seen when his body is found.
Members of Roman's group are encountered 16 months after Omid's death. As Christa and Clementine attempt to start a small fire in the woods in order to prepare a weasel, they discover that the moist wood does not burn well. Christa departs from Clementine in order to salvage more firewood, though she never makes it back as she is ambushed and interrogated by three new members of Roman's group, who believe that she is not revealing the location of any of her other group members.
As Clementine observes the robbery, she is noticed by Winston after she either uses a rock to distract the scavengers or tries to sneak away undetected. Winston immediately gives chase to the fleeing child, though Clementine's small stature gives her an advantage as she dodges walkers and uses the environment to get away.
Winston eventually subdues Clementine by grabbing her. Clementine responds to this by biting his hand until his thumb is nearly ripped off in an attempt to escape which succeeded. (Determinant) She attempts to then crawl into a log to avoid the injured Winston, though she is dragged out from the log and held down. (Determinant) Clementine tilts sideways in his grasp in order for a trapped walker to grab his arm, and then inadvertently leads another walker into him after pulling her arm away from it when it grabbed her. After pulling her arm away, the pulling force she was using makes her fall over and knock Winston over with her, rendering the vulnerable man incapable of escaping his dispatch as the last, fatal abrasion is delivered from a walker, ultimately ending his life.
Victor, Roman, and five other group members are found on the side of the riverbank, the latters all gunned down and dead, though the former severely injured and dehydrated to the point of being incapacitated. He requests water from Clementine, a request that she can choose to fulfill or deny. Clementine asks him about the fate of Christa and how he and the many other deceased people around him were attacked, (Determinant) but before she receives an answer, they are ambushed by walkers, forcing her to leave Victor behind.
Ralph's status is ultimately unknown.
This list shows the victims this group has killed:
- Dee (Indirectly Caused)
- Leland (Determinant)
- Roberto (Off-Screen, Determinant)
- Stephanie (Off-Screen)
- Numerous counts of zombies and possibly unnamed people
- Boyd - Killed by Roberto's group. (Determinant)
- Stephanie - Shot by Shel or Roman.
- Winston - Devoured by walkers.
- Roman - Shot in the head by an unknown person, possibly William Carver.
- Victor - Blood loss, dehydration, starvation.
- 5 unnamed members - All shot by an unknown person, possibly William Carver.
- Roman, Stephanie, and Clive appears in Bonnie's story. When the two people in the field stop searching and talk, you can see their outlines, and you can hear him several times.
- One thing that can confirm that Carver's group killed Roman's group is that Clementine found a pallet nearby, possibly coming from Howe's Hardware. This suggests that the truck that Carver's group uses, have been there at the time when Roman and his group got killed. The whole picture can possibly be this: Roman and his group were out scavenging around the fish traps, when Carver and his group arrive in their truck and starts gunning down Roman and his group. After that, Carver and his group most likely begins to loot the corpses of their weapons and supplies. But before they leave, they dump the pallet from the truck, either to make more room or because it's useless.
- This is the second group Clive, Joyce, and Boyd have been part of, the first being the Cancer Support Group.
- If Russell agreed with Nate in his story in "400 Days", the "watchdogs" who Roman fed could be Walt and/or Jean.
- Unused concept art shows that Johnny was originally going to be part of the group.