Ross Marquand was born in Fort Collins, Colorado. His initial foray into acting began at the age of nine when he played a small part in a church play. Soon thereafter, he joined the Boy Scouts of America and began impersonating celebrities at campfire ceremonies.
He graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theatre Performance from the University of Colorado at Boulder. After college, he moved to Los Angeles and quickly garnered attention in several film and television projects.
- LA Forensics
- Love Sick
- Saturday Night Special
- Sex & Los Angeles
- A Lonely Place for Dying
- The Inappropriate Behavior of Our Alleged Loved Ones
- Mad Men
- Phineas and Ferb
- The Impression Guys
- Spare Change
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Avengers: Endgame
- What If...?
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
- He frequently pursues roles that require him to alter his voice and appearance considerably.
- His role as Johann Schmidt/Red Skull in Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame makes him one of the many cast members to appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The others being Michael Rooker (Merle), Danai Gurira (Michonne), Michael James Shaw (Mercer), Cailey Fleming (Judith Grimes), Lauren Ridloff (Connie) and Matt Lintz (Henry).
- He starred in Invincible alongside Steven Yeun (Glenn), Khary Payton (Ezekiel), Lauren Cohan (Maggie), Sonequa Martin-Green (Sasha), Chad Coleman (Tyreese), Michael Cudlitz (Abraham) and Lennie James (Morgan).