- "The walls are very thin, Silas. You know what that means? It means I hear things, I'd rather not hear. Now, I need to speak to your mother. (...) I'm not leaving until I see her; preferably away from that piece of human refuse you call a father. I don't want to have to go to the authorities again. (...) Did he hurt you, Silas? You can walk out with me right now, wait for your mom at my place. I know people that can make sure you're both safe. It'll be okay."
- —Ruth to Silas out of concern for his safety at home.[src]
Nothing is known about Ruth's life prior to or as the outbreak began.
After the apocalypse ravaged the state of Nebraska and beyond, Ruth found herself living in the post-apocalyptic city of Omaha. She lived in a row house that shared walls with the Plaskett family. It is unknown if she was living in Omaha prior to or as the outbreak began.
After a loud argument between Silas and his father, Ruth takes it upon herself to go next door to the Plaskett's and repeatedly knock on their front door. The older woman is persistent and continues knocking for nearly a minute before Silas finally opens the door. Ruth tells Silas that she needs to speak with his mother and that the walls are very thin so she can hear everything that happens, referring to Mr. Plaskett's abuse towards his son. After a minute, Ruth realizes that Silas appears shaken up and she offers to take Silas to her house to wait for his mother, and that they would never have to return to his abusive father as she knows people in Omaha who can protect them. However, Silas ultimately declines Ruth's offer and tells her that she should leave, to which Ruth reluctantly and regrettably walks away and Silas closes the door.
- Killed By
- Elizabeth Kublek (Caused)
- Lyla Belshaw (Caused)
- Samuel Abbott (Caused)
- Civic Republic Military soldiers
For some unknown reason, Elizabeth's superiors ordered an attack on Omaha and the complete extermination of its inhabitants. They bombed the safezone with chlorine bombs and then allowed the safezone to be overrun by the undead and shot any survivors afterwards.
This list shows the victims Ruth has killed:
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies
- "The Sky Is a Graveyard" (Flashback)
|Language||Dubber||Other Characters Voiced|
|Spanish (Latin America)||N/A||N/A|
World Beyond Characters
|Bennett Family||Iris • Hope • Leopold • Kari|
|Plaskett Family||Silas • Mrs. Plaskett • Marco • Gary|
|Carlucci Family||Felix • Cliff|
|Campus Colony||Will • Romano • Mr. Kapadia • Dani • Phoebe • Jan • Dr. K|
|Civic Republic||Elizabeth • Tiga • Grady • Mason • Terry • Ian • Diane • Marjorie • Amanda • Anne • Dr. Ebersol • Cohen • Robertson • Nolan • Betts • Murrow • Dennis • Jennifer • Frank • Webb • Lyla • Samuel • Tucker • Mills • Barca|
|Ortiz Family||Elton • Amelia • Isaac|
|Hvass High School||Sabina|
|Illinois||Percy • Tony|
|Military Personnel||Dawson • Drake • Owens • Wilkins • Farmer • Simms|
|Omaha||Ruth • Galbraith • Daniel • Margaret|
|The Perimeter||Indira • Asha • Robin • Brody • Dev|
|Center for Disease Control||Edwin|
|Miscellaneous Survivors||Candice • Beta • Walter • Mr. Mallick|
|Alive characters appear in green. Unknown characters appear in blue. Dead characters appear in red and italics. Undead characters appear in gray and italics.|